O:FS, Day 56- The Wrath and Fury of Kevin the Great
Whew.
Well, I got through everything mentioned previously. "Highlights" during the past few weeks include redoing the entire senior design CAD model in one weekend (including a 14 hour session with meal breaks Saturday- I had to break it off around midnight because my arm hurt) and my first ever all-nighter revising the DBF report. Those two reports are now out the door, and results are pending. As for all the other clutter in there- exams, papers, etc- standards slipped a bit, but I still managed to stay in the A-/B+ range, including on the CS exam, where I blew the class average out of the water. It's been a while. The 3rd MP was a bit of a clunker- I think I got deducted points for printing error messages, which makes no sense. Bottom line- I can still get a heck of a lot done very quickly and function reasonably well without sleep. That was probably the worst workload crisis I've ever, or will ever, face.
Not that I'm out of it yet. The ensemble currently stands at 6 of 7 players, pending the response of the bassoonist. So that is now lagging severely. The current intention is that the piece written last semester, "Rats in a Maze, for 9 Instruments" can be retitled "Rats in a Maze, for Up To 9 Instruments," in which case what I currently have will fly. The caveat is that I'm missing string players, so the quartet is shot, and that leaves a gaping hole in the program. This will be filled with a piano/vocal piece currently in work, which will (presumably) be rushed to completion over the next week. Again with the doing of a lot in a hurry. And I still have to get the ensemble I have to rehearsal and hope nobody bails, because I think "Rats in a Maze, for Fewer Than 4 Instruments" would start to sound a bit thin.
One week until break.
Well, I got through everything mentioned previously. "Highlights" during the past few weeks include redoing the entire senior design CAD model in one weekend (including a 14 hour session with meal breaks Saturday- I had to break it off around midnight because my arm hurt) and my first ever all-nighter revising the DBF report. Those two reports are now out the door, and results are pending. As for all the other clutter in there- exams, papers, etc- standards slipped a bit, but I still managed to stay in the A-/B+ range, including on the CS exam, where I blew the class average out of the water. It's been a while. The 3rd MP was a bit of a clunker- I think I got deducted points for printing error messages, which makes no sense. Bottom line- I can still get a heck of a lot done very quickly and function reasonably well without sleep. That was probably the worst workload crisis I've ever, or will ever, face.
Not that I'm out of it yet. The ensemble currently stands at 6 of 7 players, pending the response of the bassoonist. So that is now lagging severely. The current intention is that the piece written last semester, "Rats in a Maze, for 9 Instruments" can be retitled "Rats in a Maze, for Up To 9 Instruments," in which case what I currently have will fly. The caveat is that I'm missing string players, so the quartet is shot, and that leaves a gaping hole in the program. This will be filled with a piano/vocal piece currently in work, which will (presumably) be rushed to completion over the next week. Again with the doing of a lot in a hurry. And I still have to get the ensemble I have to rehearsal and hope nobody bails, because I think "Rats in a Maze, for Fewer Than 4 Instruments" would start to sound a bit thin.
One week until break.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home