Evin-kay Uckshold-hay, The Ate-gray

Engineer, composer, church organist, pianist, violinist (in that order), fighter of stupidity, witness to insanity. Until they come up with Google: Piglatin, I'm good.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Engineer, composer, church organist, pianist, violinist (in that order), fighter of stupidity, witness to insanity

Monday, December 31, 2007

The Year In Review

Well, I suppose I'm under some obligation to throw one of these together, and seeing as I'm in the void between New York New Year and Real New Year, why not. Here's a highly abridged and somewhat simplified version of how it all went down, in no particular order.

- The violin got stolen. Death to everything.

- The violin got un-stolen. Never mind.

- I'm employed now. Here's to the internship, subsequent offer, and subsequent acceptance of said offer. Boeing=wave of the future. And I'll be in St. Louis for a while.

- The engineering degree rolls towards completion. Victory is assured. 7 credit hours left for that.

- The music degree crawls, coughing and sputtering, towards completion. Victory highly questionable, yet my best efforts to do myself in have failed so far. 19 hours required for completion, thank you lousy bureaucrats.

- Church music continues to the tune of two more organ services, including tonight's, which went fine. So far I haven't done anything to make anyone mad. Highlight- the Bach trio sonata. But it seems the inspiration that makes my arrangements good seems to be waning. There have been a few clunkers.

- Still effing single. The endless tribulation continues to not end, which one might expect from such things. And here I sit by myself at 11:30 with no booze. Clearly St. Louis life has a few kinks that need working out.

So I'm pretty much back to where I was at this point last year, after a few mishaps which miraculously got worked out somehow. So begins one of those massive transition years that people tend to worry about. I suspect that after the next semester, full-time employment will seem like glorified semi-retirement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home