Heh, Heh... "Break"... Cute.
So, yeah, the semester finally sputtered to an end. It was really anticlimactic. There were two "finals"- one was an hour exam for music history, which went fine, and one was a 15 minute German speaking exercise, which also went fine. I got to leave on Wednesday, but not before a brief organ recital, and I at long last met with my comp professor regarding the piece, which got finished in a rage following the course denial incident. He says it's about as good as it can be given the system used to produce it, and I'm good to start part production and so forth. So begins the recruiting... I need a string quartet, a flute, clarinet, bassoon, trumpet, and trombone. Any takers?
Grades came up as well over the past week. Everything was fine, and I somehow scrounged a B in propulsion (no idea how, seeing as I was near or below the class average when the dust settled). So, that ordeal is over, and it merely ties my worst grade ever rather than being my worst grade ever.
So begins break, which is completely paved over with church services. I already did one last Saturday (SES XXVI; there were two more over the summer that didn't get reported), there's one tomorrow, and another one next week (XXVII-XXVIII... this is fun!). And, Organ Service IV is on Monday. It's the New Years Eve service I played on piano two years ago, except the piano didn't have enough oompf for it, so it's been switched to organ since then. It's all the same hymns, but getting everything transferred over has been tricky. And there's been quite a bit of arranging to support all of this, so it's been pretty busy.
Oddly enough I've even managed a social life. A substantial number from the old high school group have settled in St. Louis, and there have been several activities, although none very large. So, the first phase of the employment period (6 months and counting!) isn't looking as bleak as it was at one point. As the no-longer-engaged senior prom date puts it, we've really boomeranged, and it's fairly unusual. So, there will be a home to come back to, assuming I survive the semester from hell. And before I get to the semester from hell, I have to make it through the church services. One thing at a time, otherwise it all falls apart.
Grades came up as well over the past week. Everything was fine, and I somehow scrounged a B in propulsion (no idea how, seeing as I was near or below the class average when the dust settled). So, that ordeal is over, and it merely ties my worst grade ever rather than being my worst grade ever.
So begins break, which is completely paved over with church services. I already did one last Saturday (SES XXVI; there were two more over the summer that didn't get reported), there's one tomorrow, and another one next week (XXVII-XXVIII... this is fun!). And, Organ Service IV is on Monday. It's the New Years Eve service I played on piano two years ago, except the piano didn't have enough oompf for it, so it's been switched to organ since then. It's all the same hymns, but getting everything transferred over has been tricky. And there's been quite a bit of arranging to support all of this, so it's been pretty busy.
Oddly enough I've even managed a social life. A substantial number from the old high school group have settled in St. Louis, and there have been several activities, although none very large. So, the first phase of the employment period (6 months and counting!) isn't looking as bleak as it was at one point. As the no-longer-engaged senior prom date puts it, we've really boomeranged, and it's fairly unusual. So, there will be a home to come back to, assuming I survive the semester from hell. And before I get to the semester from hell, I have to make it through the church services. One thing at a time, otherwise it all falls apart.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home