Operation: Fangorious Steamroller, Day 3- Monday
Yes, I'm counting. I got here on Saturday and graduation is on May 11. I'm here 121 days, including both end days and spring break (where I will probably be doing work). As far as first days go, it went pretty well. Quite a bit has been accomplished, although not as much as I'd like. So here's half of classes. Monday and Wednesday are the same.
9:00- History 106, Intro to Latin America, or something like that. This is the dinky filler course that will now satisfy my nonwestern. I don't think it's anything to worry about, but there were 6 books to buy, which has me slightly concerned. Anyway, it meets in the armory, which is best described to those not familiar with campus as "way the heck over there," so I actually have to move quickly in the morning. Drat.
10:00- Break. Not sure what I'll do with it.
11:00- German 102, a continuation of last semester. Except with a different teacher. This semester's doesn't seem quite as laid back. Meets in one of the buildings on the quad.
12:00- CS 225, Data Structures. We're back to learning C++, so I have to think back to high school. The recent Matlab experience has probably corrupted my programming ability, so there will be an adaptation period. That and I skipped the prerequisites. This may or may not be problematic- I'm pretty clever. Meets in the computer science building, quite a ways north of German, necessitating the first mad dash of the week.
1:00- Mus 425, Post-Tonal Pitch Organization. This is the independent study one, so I'm not too worried. It also won't meet every week, which is good because I miss lunch when it does. Meets in the music building, necessitating the second mad dash.
2:00- Break.
3:00- Orchestra. I got promoted to the middle of the second violins, and we're playing Beethoven's 5th. Hooray. It's quite a bit harder to play than it sounds.
And generally, there'd be a DBF meeting at 5, meaning a third mad dash to get there after rehearsal.
This whole mad dash thing will become a theme of the semester. I'm already tired from all the exercise. During one of the breaks, I managed to get my additional overload approved, so that's on its way as well. They didn't take as much convincing as I expected.
And... on we go.
9:00- History 106, Intro to Latin America, or something like that. This is the dinky filler course that will now satisfy my nonwestern. I don't think it's anything to worry about, but there were 6 books to buy, which has me slightly concerned. Anyway, it meets in the armory, which is best described to those not familiar with campus as "way the heck over there," so I actually have to move quickly in the morning. Drat.
10:00- Break. Not sure what I'll do with it.
11:00- German 102, a continuation of last semester. Except with a different teacher. This semester's doesn't seem quite as laid back. Meets in one of the buildings on the quad.
12:00- CS 225, Data Structures. We're back to learning C++, so I have to think back to high school. The recent Matlab experience has probably corrupted my programming ability, so there will be an adaptation period. That and I skipped the prerequisites. This may or may not be problematic- I'm pretty clever. Meets in the computer science building, quite a ways north of German, necessitating the first mad dash of the week.
1:00- Mus 425, Post-Tonal Pitch Organization. This is the independent study one, so I'm not too worried. It also won't meet every week, which is good because I miss lunch when it does. Meets in the music building, necessitating the second mad dash.
2:00- Break.
3:00- Orchestra. I got promoted to the middle of the second violins, and we're playing Beethoven's 5th. Hooray. It's quite a bit harder to play than it sounds.
And generally, there'd be a DBF meeting at 5, meaning a third mad dash to get there after rehearsal.
This whole mad dash thing will become a theme of the semester. I'm already tired from all the exercise. During one of the breaks, I managed to get my additional overload approved, so that's on its way as well. They didn't take as much convincing as I expected.
And... on we go.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home