O:FS, Day 20- On the Unfortunate Imprisonment of My Bike
Here's another one from the random stupid crap files.
So, the weather has been a bit odd lately. It was unseasonably warm over the weekend, and on Monday it rained hard, then the temperature crashed down to what one might expect this time of year. And of course, the rain froze in my bike lock so I had to walk everywhere for a day. It was quite annoying. Then, by mid-Wednesday, it had thawed out, and I was happy. Except Wednesday night, it froze again, and this time I managed to break the key in the lock trying to get it un-stuck. So there it sits. And I once again have to walk everywhere. My parents are sending the spare, and it appears there's enough of a stub that I can pry the piece out. Except it will have to un-freeze first, and seeing as we're supposed to get 10 in. of snow tonight, that could be a while.
Regrettably, this coincides with the first real spike in workload for the semester. I had the bright idea of putting contemporary service on Ash Wednesday (next week), there's been quite a bit of composition work, organ lesson is tomorrow, the infernal reading notes are due tomorrow, and tonight's German homework took gosh-friggin' forever. So, none too happy at the moment... I suppose this will be the way of things. But I'm pretty sure I can't get through Monday/Wednesday with no bike. I wound up skipping history lecture on Wednesday, moreso because of the cold than because of the walk, but I can't make a habit of that. Or can I?
So, the weather has been a bit odd lately. It was unseasonably warm over the weekend, and on Monday it rained hard, then the temperature crashed down to what one might expect this time of year. And of course, the rain froze in my bike lock so I had to walk everywhere for a day. It was quite annoying. Then, by mid-Wednesday, it had thawed out, and I was happy. Except Wednesday night, it froze again, and this time I managed to break the key in the lock trying to get it un-stuck. So there it sits. And I once again have to walk everywhere. My parents are sending the spare, and it appears there's enough of a stub that I can pry the piece out. Except it will have to un-freeze first, and seeing as we're supposed to get 10 in. of snow tonight, that could be a while.
Regrettably, this coincides with the first real spike in workload for the semester. I had the bright idea of putting contemporary service on Ash Wednesday (next week), there's been quite a bit of composition work, organ lesson is tomorrow, the infernal reading notes are due tomorrow, and tonight's German homework took gosh-friggin' forever. So, none too happy at the moment... I suppose this will be the way of things. But I'm pretty sure I can't get through Monday/Wednesday with no bike. I wound up skipping history lecture on Wednesday, moreso because of the cold than because of the walk, but I can't make a habit of that. Or can I?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home