Evin-kay Uckshold-hay, The Ate-gray

Engineer, composer, church organist, pianist, violinist (in that order), fighter of stupidity, witness to insanity. Until they come up with Google: Piglatin, I'm good.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Engineer, composer, church organist, pianist, violinist (in that order), fighter of stupidity, witness to insanity

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Good... Do It Again... With Feeling...

Yeah

So this evening was fun. I was copying music at church before dinner so I can do contemporary service work over break. And of course, I locked my keys in the copy room. And I locked my backpack in along with my keys, and my bike was locked to the signpost. So there wound up being some running back and forth across campus. I hate running, even though it is pretty fast. So dinner was a church event at a sports bar, except only one other guy showed up and he didn't have keys. They had good chicken strips, though, and I got to watch 4 basketball games at once. I've always wanted to do that. Because Tournament season is on, and I went 14/16 on opening day... truly an inspiration. I called the Duke upset, plus two others that wound up not happening.

So after that there was more running across campus for the orchestra concert. Normally, I wouldn't have gone given the circumstances and the fact that I was going my myself. Again. It's really a proud tradition. Anyway, they were playing Rachmoninoff Piano Concert #2, which I as a rule don't miss except if there's a death in the family or I'm bleeding from multiple orifaces. Or something like that. Anyway, they had a grad student (or so) soloist. And she did okay... My complaint would be that she actually made it look too easy. For me, that piece has always been part of the soundtrack to the massive ball of angst that is my life, so plowing through it with the greatest of ease really doesn't work. Parts of it seemed rushed, I think, almost as if she had a hot date after the concert. Which, theoretically, would contribute to the lack of angst, so there you go.

Anyway, I got my keys back and all work is now done, so back to St. Louis. And pet projects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home