Obligatory Weekly Post Without Creative Title
So, yeah. It's cold. As frequently described by others, it's "cold as balls." Which, if you think about it, makes absolutely no sense. Anyway, we've had lows below zero and the wind chill is consistently below -10. So I guess winter came afterall. It's supposed to snow and get warmer tomorrow.
The work finally started. There were a few small scale assignments over the past week that got finished more or less at their deadlines. So, business as usual. For purposes of AE 419, Wikipedia is now a valid research tool as the equations in my notes tend to be a bit lacking. And the other big-ish one was the first AE 420 assignment (Matlab War 7 1/2, it was easy.) And that's really about it.
The bike's in the shop for routine maintenance. The brakes were wearing down to the point where they were becoming a safety hazard and the chain needed oil. Of course, I have chain oil, but it says I should apply it in a warm environment and they don't give me indoor storage. So, off to the shop it went. And I got to run the hated Monday schedule on foot. Turns out I can power-walk to rehearsal and make it on time, but this results in me being tireder and crabbier than usual. And I've recently been promoted to the back of the second violin section so I can sit behind everyone and play loud: the enforcer role, it's nothing new. Anyway, this would all be right and good but for the fact that there are a few in front of me that can't seem to keep track of their stand partners, so they wind up sitting alone as well and there wind up not being enough chairs. Yeesh. This band building thing really isn't working. It will be interesting to see how this plays out next year.
Maybe next week there will be real news.
The work finally started. There were a few small scale assignments over the past week that got finished more or less at their deadlines. So, business as usual. For purposes of AE 419, Wikipedia is now a valid research tool as the equations in my notes tend to be a bit lacking. And the other big-ish one was the first AE 420 assignment (Matlab War 7 1/2, it was easy.) And that's really about it.
The bike's in the shop for routine maintenance. The brakes were wearing down to the point where they were becoming a safety hazard and the chain needed oil. Of course, I have chain oil, but it says I should apply it in a warm environment and they don't give me indoor storage. So, off to the shop it went. And I got to run the hated Monday schedule on foot. Turns out I can power-walk to rehearsal and make it on time, but this results in me being tireder and crabbier than usual. And I've recently been promoted to the back of the second violin section so I can sit behind everyone and play loud: the enforcer role, it's nothing new. Anyway, this would all be right and good but for the fact that there are a few in front of me that can't seem to keep track of their stand partners, so they wind up sitting alone as well and there wind up not being enough chairs. Yeesh. This band building thing really isn't working. It will be interesting to see how this plays out next year.
Maybe next week there will be real news.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home