Grace Period
So I've been at it for a week now. So far, everything is going well. It appears my initial assessment of the classes was more or less accurate. At this point, this semester can really be viewed as a continuation of previous work. Music 408 D and E are collectively a continuation of Music 202, AE 420 is a continuation of AE 470, AE 419 is a continuation of sophomore year work, and so on. And there is much overlap. Just the way it should be.
Potential sources of trouble:
The Monday/Wednesday schedule in general. First, there's the food thing. Last Wednesday, I made the mistake of only eating half of the sandwich at 10:40-ish before classes. By orchestra rehearsal, I was hungry and crabby until I finished it during break. Then today, I ate the whole thing in the morning, and that went better. I'll have to investigate supplementary measures such as granola bars. Also, over the course of the day, there are up to 4 mad dashes across campus. Talbot (AE 419) to the music building is one, then there's music building to rehearsal and if there's a DBF meeting afterwards, there's rehearsal back to the music building and then back to Talbot. Very tiring. And that's a lot of time to sit in class.
Also, it appears that only one class will have regularly assigned homework. The rest will be project-based, which means deadlines will coincide and there will be massive workload spikes separated by periods of relative inactivity. This sort of thing tends to not go well. We'll see how they line up.
Anyway... DBF has finally finished preliminary design, which means we begin transition to building, and my work as CDE is more or less done. Time to start cranking out the CAD model again. And I have help this time, except I'll have to tell them all what to do. Again, we'll see how that goes.
And that's about it. Waiting for work....
Potential sources of trouble:
The Monday/Wednesday schedule in general. First, there's the food thing. Last Wednesday, I made the mistake of only eating half of the sandwich at 10:40-ish before classes. By orchestra rehearsal, I was hungry and crabby until I finished it during break. Then today, I ate the whole thing in the morning, and that went better. I'll have to investigate supplementary measures such as granola bars. Also, over the course of the day, there are up to 4 mad dashes across campus. Talbot (AE 419) to the music building is one, then there's music building to rehearsal and if there's a DBF meeting afterwards, there's rehearsal back to the music building and then back to Talbot. Very tiring. And that's a lot of time to sit in class.
Also, it appears that only one class will have regularly assigned homework. The rest will be project-based, which means deadlines will coincide and there will be massive workload spikes separated by periods of relative inactivity. This sort of thing tends to not go well. We'll see how they line up.
Anyway... DBF has finally finished preliminary design, which means we begin transition to building, and my work as CDE is more or less done. Time to start cranking out the CAD model again. And I have help this time, except I'll have to tell them all what to do. Again, we'll see how that goes.
And that's about it. Waiting for work....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home