Evin-kay Uckshold-hay, The Ate-gray

Engineer, composer, church organist, pianist, violinist (in that order), fighter of stupidity, witness to insanity. Until they come up with Google: Piglatin, I'm good.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Engineer, composer, church organist, pianist, violinist (in that order), fighter of stupidity, witness to insanity

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Snow Day II: The Renaming of The Day We Do Not Name

Well, the rumors swirling around campus are that the number of times U of I has called school on account of snow can be counted on two hands... maybe even one the way some tell it. At any rate, add another one to the tally. It's completely unprecedented, and really quite impressive. I was out wandering around a bit. It's impossible to tell how much we got. I'd say over a foot. But it's drifted like none other. Drifts in the 3+ foot range are fairly common, and the roads unplow themselves quickly. Net result- we get another day off.

I'm a big fan of having Wednesday off. Now Tuesday is one thing... there are two music classes, widely separated, so no big deal. Wednesday on the other hand is one of the hell days, so I'm perfectly happy to miss it. This also means the deadline on the music project gets pushed back. Church rehearsal tonight got called given the overall impossibility of getting there. As far as I know, choir is still on, so that music still has to get written. Of course it's not done yet... this was another prime example of work expanding to fill the time available to complete it. But I'm more or less guaranteed to finish without a scramble now. Right? No clue how I would have done it had the past few days been business as usual.

However, tomorrow still needs to have some semblance of business of usual, because otherwise I get bogged down thinking about that holiday I don't observe. See last year's post. And several dozen others since them. No more ink need be spilled on the issue. Whatever happens happens at this point. Until then, I declare this day to be Snow Day, the funnest day in the history of Champaign-Urbana.

Now which way to the booze?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home