Grace Period Part II: Another Week Gone By
So work's finally started up. Not that I've actually done anything yet, but I'm facing deadlines, so I'll have to start soon.
CAD work for DBF has started, by my records, an entire week earlier than it did last year. I now have a small group working on it. We had our first meeting this week and got a good 14 or so parts made. I personally did nothing except tell everyone else what to do. And still stuff got done. Interesting. I've still got a few report sections to bang out by Monday, and there will be compiling as well.
I suppose the most notable event of the week was my first ever bike/pedestrian collision... I held it together for 3 1/2 years, but well... Of course, this occurred on the increasingly perilous music building to band building trip which meant I had the violin on me at the time. The route takes me through the heart of liberal arts major territory and past a few particularly ill-placed bus stops. What I've noticed is that people at the bus stops tend to forget the bike path is there and wait right in the middle of it. Now, at the first one, to LAS-type girls were in the middle of the path and dodged back into the crowd on the sidewalk (their delayed reaction indicates LAS-dom). Anyway, their movement apparently nudged another dude out into the bike path, and I'd say I probably clipped him at best. He seemed fine, but I got knocked off the bike. Except after years of being tripped by various morons that I'll someday smite with massive, spectacular comeuppance, I've developed an exceedingly good sense of balance, and managed to disentangle myself from the bike and land on my feet, no harm done. I would have stayed and yelled at them, but I was running a bit late. The violin was fine and was still in tune when I got to rehearsal. In retrospect, it was only partially their fault. Whoever routed the bike path between the bus stop and the road really needs a good swift kick in the ass. The fact that the bike paths don't even go to half the buildings I have classes in is a matter for another day.
And that's really about it. Now to start homework. Um, that is... huh... TOMORROW! Tomorrow I'll start homework. That's better.
CAD work for DBF has started, by my records, an entire week earlier than it did last year. I now have a small group working on it. We had our first meeting this week and got a good 14 or so parts made. I personally did nothing except tell everyone else what to do. And still stuff got done. Interesting. I've still got a few report sections to bang out by Monday, and there will be compiling as well.
I suppose the most notable event of the week was my first ever bike/pedestrian collision... I held it together for 3 1/2 years, but well... Of course, this occurred on the increasingly perilous music building to band building trip which meant I had the violin on me at the time. The route takes me through the heart of liberal arts major territory and past a few particularly ill-placed bus stops. What I've noticed is that people at the bus stops tend to forget the bike path is there and wait right in the middle of it. Now, at the first one, to LAS-type girls were in the middle of the path and dodged back into the crowd on the sidewalk (their delayed reaction indicates LAS-dom). Anyway, their movement apparently nudged another dude out into the bike path, and I'd say I probably clipped him at best. He seemed fine, but I got knocked off the bike. Except after years of being tripped by various morons that I'll someday smite with massive, spectacular comeuppance, I've developed an exceedingly good sense of balance, and managed to disentangle myself from the bike and land on my feet, no harm done. I would have stayed and yelled at them, but I was running a bit late. The violin was fine and was still in tune when I got to rehearsal. In retrospect, it was only partially their fault. Whoever routed the bike path between the bus stop and the road really needs a good swift kick in the ass. The fact that the bike paths don't even go to half the buildings I have classes in is a matter for another day.
And that's really about it. Now to start homework. Um, that is... huh... TOMORROW! Tomorrow I'll start homework. That's better.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home