Waylaid
So, yeah, I'm still in St. Louis.
This post in memory of Ella Winter, dear grandmother, best known to me at least for her determination to make as many of my recitals as possible. Of course, I haven't had any recitals recently, but that's another matter.
So, with the funeral tomorrow and classes starting today, I find myself in quite a predicament. I'm carrying out school from St. Louis as best I can, which brought about a somewhat bizarre situation Friday night when I was attempting to do the online ECE homework (due Thursday) with my notes still in Champaign. I needed about three equations and remembered none of them, but was eventually able to locate them on Wikipedia. It can be trusted for engineering matters; history and current events... not so much. And there's been chipping away at other work due this week, and organ practice. But not too much of that.
Other major accomplishments over break- I updated my journal, Epic Battles Between Myself and the World as Documented for Posterity by [he who must not be Googled]...blah, blah, blah, blah, blah... I really went wild with the title. I've been keeping notes on my college-related activities since freshman year, with varying degrees of dilligence. Freshman year, I updated more or less daily, sophmore year- weekly, junior year- every three weeks or so, this year... um... Well, the first week went well, then two months elapsed, then I got another few weeks in, then I did the remaining two months over break. Recalling the past two months of one's life based on nothing more than syllabi, homework deadlines, and a vague recollection of social events is an interesting excercise... I highly recommend it. Basically, from the looks of it, I did homework all semester, except for the few social events, which happened on weekends, and there were few enough of them that I can more or less remember them all. It's been a really dry and boring semester. I refer back to the past entries every now and again. It's a goldmine of what I REALLY think about things, but good luck finding it. That and it's hard to remember what I really thought about things two months ago. You really get the news, not the weather, as it were.
Also, I get to play piano on the 23rd of December (Saturday Evening Service XX: New Hymnals For All!!). And of course, it's Advent IV, which means we'll be singing Oh, Come, Emmanuel. Aren't Lutherans predictable? So, I've been working on writing a prelude for that. I expected to finish this week... I'm about halfway there. On the one hand, it's something I've had rattling in my head for a while, on the other hand, minesweeper strikes again. So that will have to be finished up along with close of semester buisness.
Which begins tomorrow, just as soon as I scurry back to town. Through rain, it sounds like.
This post in memory of Ella Winter, dear grandmother, best known to me at least for her determination to make as many of my recitals as possible. Of course, I haven't had any recitals recently, but that's another matter.
So, with the funeral tomorrow and classes starting today, I find myself in quite a predicament. I'm carrying out school from St. Louis as best I can, which brought about a somewhat bizarre situation Friday night when I was attempting to do the online ECE homework (due Thursday) with my notes still in Champaign. I needed about three equations and remembered none of them, but was eventually able to locate them on Wikipedia. It can be trusted for engineering matters; history and current events... not so much. And there's been chipping away at other work due this week, and organ practice. But not too much of that.
Other major accomplishments over break- I updated my journal, Epic Battles Between Myself and the World as Documented for Posterity by [he who must not be Googled]...blah, blah, blah, blah, blah... I really went wild with the title. I've been keeping notes on my college-related activities since freshman year, with varying degrees of dilligence. Freshman year, I updated more or less daily, sophmore year- weekly, junior year- every three weeks or so, this year... um... Well, the first week went well, then two months elapsed, then I got another few weeks in, then I did the remaining two months over break. Recalling the past two months of one's life based on nothing more than syllabi, homework deadlines, and a vague recollection of social events is an interesting excercise... I highly recommend it. Basically, from the looks of it, I did homework all semester, except for the few social events, which happened on weekends, and there were few enough of them that I can more or less remember them all. It's been a really dry and boring semester. I refer back to the past entries every now and again. It's a goldmine of what I REALLY think about things, but good luck finding it. That and it's hard to remember what I really thought about things two months ago. You really get the news, not the weather, as it were.
Also, I get to play piano on the 23rd of December (Saturday Evening Service XX: New Hymnals For All!!). And of course, it's Advent IV, which means we'll be singing Oh, Come, Emmanuel. Aren't Lutherans predictable? So, I've been working on writing a prelude for that. I expected to finish this week... I'm about halfway there. On the one hand, it's something I've had rattling in my head for a while, on the other hand, minesweeper strikes again. So that will have to be finished up along with close of semester buisness.
Which begins tomorrow, just as soon as I scurry back to town. Through rain, it sounds like.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home