BREAKING NEWS: FOOTBALL TEAM WINS GAME
Hell Freezes Over; Bizarre Turn of Events Seen as Possible Precursor to Resolution of Girlfriend Situation
Not that there are exactly any current prospects, but the Illini actually beating a legitimate team (although the legitimacy of Michigan State is now up for debate) means that quite literally anything can happen.
At any rate, a shout-out is in order to the U of I Symphony for a successful performance of the Stravinsky Rite of Spring. It was quite a sight to behold with double winds, double brass, and, as far as I can tell, all the timpani that the School of Music owns. My proud tradition of going to concerts by myself continues, although I did manage to meet up with a few people afterwards and went to the after-party.
The organ piece is now finished; pending revision. Now it's just a matter of learning to play it. And that could be quite a feat. I have a month. I'll be spending quite a bit of time in Smith Hall making ungodly amounts of noise duing that time.
The rest of classes are now entering a test cycle. There are three this week, which is more clustered than usual. Last semester, it seems like they sprawled out one a week for a month. I think I prefer them all at once, although I might reconsider that by Friday. At any rate, it should mean a brief lull in homework in the classes involved, which will be very welcome. Of course, not testing this week is AE 470, which means I have to get the 3rd battle in the War on Matlab started pretty soon here. Onward, ever onward.
Not that there are exactly any current prospects, but the Illini actually beating a legitimate team (although the legitimacy of Michigan State is now up for debate) means that quite literally anything can happen.
At any rate, a shout-out is in order to the U of I Symphony for a successful performance of the Stravinsky Rite of Spring. It was quite a sight to behold with double winds, double brass, and, as far as I can tell, all the timpani that the School of Music owns. My proud tradition of going to concerts by myself continues, although I did manage to meet up with a few people afterwards and went to the after-party.
The organ piece is now finished; pending revision. Now it's just a matter of learning to play it. And that could be quite a feat. I have a month. I'll be spending quite a bit of time in Smith Hall making ungodly amounts of noise duing that time.
The rest of classes are now entering a test cycle. There are three this week, which is more clustered than usual. Last semester, it seems like they sprawled out one a week for a month. I think I prefer them all at once, although I might reconsider that by Friday. At any rate, it should mean a brief lull in homework in the classes involved, which will be very welcome. Of course, not testing this week is AE 470, which means I have to get the 3rd battle in the War on Matlab started pretty soon here. Onward, ever onward.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home