Evin-kay Uckshold-hay, The Ate-gray

Engineer, composer, church organist, pianist, violinist (in that order), fighter of stupidity, witness to insanity. Until they come up with Google: Piglatin, I'm good.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Engineer, composer, church organist, pianist, violinist (in that order), fighter of stupidity, witness to insanity

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Safely Home

Well, things got a bit strange again last week... most of this related to trying to ramrod DBF through trade studies and thereby end Preliminary Design before break, but well, no dice. You just can't force these things, especially when people have tests. Also, there was Matlab War VI: Fluid Dynamics through Finite Difference Method, which I survived quite well, and the second MatSE test, for which I was able to write my own equation sheet, and it wound up doing me remarkably little good. Results pending.

My car was up to the trip home, despite its ongoing reluctance to start, which the fuel injector cleaner has not seemed to help. I'm due to get my registration renewed here, so it gets an inspection over break. Perhaps that will get to the root of the problem, and its inevitably expensive solution.

At any rate, in the spirit of the season, I give you: Stuff About Home Life I'm Thankful For

1. Sleep. No explanation needed.

2. Peace and quiet. No idiot freshmen crashing in at 3 in the morning disrupting Item Number 1. At one point, ISR was primarily for upperclassmen. Now it has been overrun by idiot freshman. And not even engineers. We're talking the do-nothing-except-drink-and-get-laid-damn-them-all LAS crowd here. I SOOO want into graduate housing next year.

3. My own bed. The dorm mattress is rock-solid, which, again, disrupts Item Number 1.

4. Private bathrooms. The dorm bathroom has thinner-than-air single ply toilet paper. And I share it with 50 other guys, half of whom seem to not know how to flush a toilet. Anyone who makes it to college not knowing how to flush a toilet (see Item Number 2) should be confined to a "special" dorm with no custodial staff. That way, the rest of us and our custodial staff (whose eternal patience and dedication in the face of enormous adversity defies all logic) won't have to deal with them and their drunken stupidity, which probably contributes to the problems.

5. Home food. Mom asks what I want for dinner, I say... not dorm food. You can't go wrong. Somehow, I suspect the dorm cooking is making Item Number 4 worse.

6. No homework. I have a few pet projects to work on at my leisure, but I'm doing that because I want to, not because I have to, and at a relaxed pace. See Item Number 1.

7. No 8AM class. Again, see Item Number 1. The other classes I could deal with if I didn't have to be up at 8 every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

And that's all I can think of right now. There's probably more. Now back to doing nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home