The Epiphany: Freedom.... Horrible, Horrible Freedom
More barcrawl last night. I just don't learn, do I? But something did come of it, other than a hangover, which I really honestly can't distinguish from sleep deprivation. Although I was pretty far gone, I still remember most of the night, particularly the fact that as the girls in the group got drunk, they start hanging off of guys in the group that, while sober, they don't really know that well. But not me. Never me. Which at this point should put an end to the "if you want action, find drunk girls" theory. I suppose I could look for drunker girls, but there are still some lines that I won't cross. And that's not the way it's supposed to work anyway.
Bottome line, girls want nothing to do with me. Musicians, engineers, drunk, sober, makes no difference. Failure is inevitable. And to paraphrase an old Dilbert cartoon, because failure is inevitable, I am free. The outcome will be the same regardless of what I do, so I'd be advised to stop worrying about it. (At this point, Alice honk-honks the boss's pointy hair, so one of the points is longer than the other. It was hilarious.) That's probably a terrible conclusion for me to come to, but we'll see how it plays out.
In other news, kudos to the Democrats on their win. Clearly many people share my frustration, although we might not necessarily be frustrated about the same things. Hopefully the new Congress will be able to fix some of the problems that will eventually kill us all rather than creating new ones.
And speaking of freedom, we're now a week from Thanskgiving break. Can't get here soon enough. All my classes next Thursday cancelled, so if not for a test that night and the lectures I generally show up for Friday morning, I could leave a whole two days early. Owell. I believe I'll sleep most of the day Thursday. And for most of break in general.
Bottome line, girls want nothing to do with me. Musicians, engineers, drunk, sober, makes no difference. Failure is inevitable. And to paraphrase an old Dilbert cartoon, because failure is inevitable, I am free. The outcome will be the same regardless of what I do, so I'd be advised to stop worrying about it. (At this point, Alice honk-honks the boss's pointy hair, so one of the points is longer than the other. It was hilarious.) That's probably a terrible conclusion for me to come to, but we'll see how it plays out.
In other news, kudos to the Democrats on their win. Clearly many people share my frustration, although we might not necessarily be frustrated about the same things. Hopefully the new Congress will be able to fix some of the problems that will eventually kill us all rather than creating new ones.
And speaking of freedom, we're now a week from Thanskgiving break. Can't get here soon enough. All my classes next Thursday cancelled, so if not for a test that night and the lectures I generally show up for Friday morning, I could leave a whole two days early. Owell. I believe I'll sleep most of the day Thursday. And for most of break in general.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home