The Great Laundry Fiasco: Words Cannot Express the Stupidity of My Life
Wow. Avoid the washing machine in the middle.
Everytime I think I've seen it all, something like this happens. So, yeah, I did my laundry tonight, and these days, my whites and colors get split up because I have a lot of laundry. And it turns out that I stuck my whites in a particularly stupid machine that somehow managed to cut off the spin cycle. So they ended up sopping wet and very hot. Needless to say, my colors (which were in fine shape) couldn't go in the dryer with them, and there was only one open dryer. So my shirts are now spread out all over my room, raising the humidity. I hope they don't sprout mold or something. As for my whites, I stuck them in the dryer for an hour ($1), and after that, they were still sopping wet. At least now they were cool enough that I could ring them out. So after that, I stuck them in for another hour, and they're almost dry. The underwear got done, but half of my socks are now splayed across the room with my shirts. What really bakes me is the extent to which it deprived me of sleep.
And of course, there's a ton of work too. There was another drinking fest last night. Apparently I'm highly suggestible when I'm drunk, to the extent that I let random girls that I'll never see again talk me into drinking something known as a Jaager bomb. And those really have a kick, I found out an hour later as we were stumbling home. I still remember everything, but there was massive sleep deprivation there as well. Anyway, no homework got done in the process, and now it's all stacked up. There's a 7 page paper for tomorrow by 5- almost done, and there's a massive pile of church music, although we're replaying a few pieces, so that should help. It'll be a rough few days.
Dad came up yesterday, and we went to the football game, in which they managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory yet again. So that's back to normal. And he brought my winter coat and took the ruined TV back (which we still hadn't gotten around to disposing of). So that's out of the way at least. Results from last week's test wave should be up eventually, assuming I live long enough to see them. I don't know what it is about this semester...
Everytime I think I've seen it all, something like this happens. So, yeah, I did my laundry tonight, and these days, my whites and colors get split up because I have a lot of laundry. And it turns out that I stuck my whites in a particularly stupid machine that somehow managed to cut off the spin cycle. So they ended up sopping wet and very hot. Needless to say, my colors (which were in fine shape) couldn't go in the dryer with them, and there was only one open dryer. So my shirts are now spread out all over my room, raising the humidity. I hope they don't sprout mold or something. As for my whites, I stuck them in the dryer for an hour ($1), and after that, they were still sopping wet. At least now they were cool enough that I could ring them out. So after that, I stuck them in for another hour, and they're almost dry. The underwear got done, but half of my socks are now splayed across the room with my shirts. What really bakes me is the extent to which it deprived me of sleep.
And of course, there's a ton of work too. There was another drinking fest last night. Apparently I'm highly suggestible when I'm drunk, to the extent that I let random girls that I'll never see again talk me into drinking something known as a Jaager bomb. And those really have a kick, I found out an hour later as we were stumbling home. I still remember everything, but there was massive sleep deprivation there as well. Anyway, no homework got done in the process, and now it's all stacked up. There's a 7 page paper for tomorrow by 5- almost done, and there's a massive pile of church music, although we're replaying a few pieces, so that should help. It'll be a rough few days.
Dad came up yesterday, and we went to the football game, in which they managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory yet again. So that's back to normal. And he brought my winter coat and took the ruined TV back (which we still hadn't gotten around to disposing of). So that's out of the way at least. Results from last week's test wave should be up eventually, assuming I live long enough to see them. I don't know what it is about this semester...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home