Evin-kay Uckshold-hay, The Ate-gray

Engineer, composer, church organist, pianist, violinist (in that order), fighter of stupidity, witness to insanity. Until they come up with Google: Piglatin, I'm good.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Engineer, composer, church organist, pianist, violinist (in that order), fighter of stupidity, witness to insanity

Monday, November 06, 2006

Hold Your Nose and Vote: Would You Like the Godless, Terrorist-Loving Baby Killer or the Short-Sighted, Endlessly Corrupt Fear-Mongerer?

Ah, once again, America flips the coin. I've been doing my best to ignore the national blather (read, I pay close attention when I should be doing actual work), but I'm pretty sure the title sums up most of the nation-wide campaigns. Of course, it's my opinion that the policies of one of the two parties are more likely to result in the end of the world as we know it and my untimely death... see if you can guess which one! So, yeah, I voted... absentee. Although on closer inspection, the form says "must be received by 7:00 on Election Day" rather than the usual "must be postmarked by 7:00 on Election Day" so I might have inadvertently disenfranchised myself yet again... live and learn. I'll send it in anyway just to spite them. I say the ACLU needs to have some loud, obnoxious effort on behalf of tired college students that can't get their ballots in on time.

Anyway... it's church music time again. We're up to 5 hymns for a contemporary service now, now including an alternate offertory and a distribution hymn. All is arranged on short notice and rather inefficiently (see above) by yours truly, so, well, long story short... no fancy prelude this time around. I may be able to reuse the generic Thanksgiving-related postlude from last year if our cellist shows.

So yeah, back to work. Here's hoping we don't get a Congress that's bent on killing us all this time around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home