Hanging In
Work continues. The first test cycle is now complete. The three I've gotten back have gone sufficiently well, results are still pending on the fourth. Test 4 was for Numerical Methods, something I'm really starting to get scared of, it was surprisingly not that bad, I think. Especially compared to....
Matlab War IV!!! AAAAAHHHH! The fourth homework assignment was a particularly spectacular mess, especially because the majority of the tests fell during the primary work week, so I didn't get to it until late Sunday. So, I spent a good 8 hours or so Monday working on it. And by midnight, I was about as far as I was going to get. There was one code that didn't quite work, but I think I did about as well as anyone else. Results, of course, are pending.
Last week was the contemporary service, for which all music was completed on time, barely. The rehearsal process got a bit screwed up since the German Choir was in the church when we wanted to rehearse, but we made it work. Next up is our 60th Anniversary celebration/Reformation Sunday service, for which I am writing the prelude, and other sorts of music stuff will happen during the service. So I have a little over 24 hours here to come up with a particularly loud arrangment of "A Mighty Fortress" to suit the occasion. Ready, go.
And finally, it's time for this post's obligatory bitter single guy rant. Apparently there is now a "Sweetest Day," a counterpart of The Day We Do Not Name that falls in late October. I passed two little booths that were selling flowers and stuff on the way back from class. The happy couples are allowed one day a year... ONE!!! Anything beyond that is a contrivance of the greeting card industry which serves primarily to make the male in the relationship buy stuff and to make the proud and lonely feel like crap for another day. And to that, I say, bite me. Now I must go drown my sorrows, and do laundry, and write music. We'll see how this goes.
Matlab War IV!!! AAAAAHHHH! The fourth homework assignment was a particularly spectacular mess, especially because the majority of the tests fell during the primary work week, so I didn't get to it until late Sunday. So, I spent a good 8 hours or so Monday working on it. And by midnight, I was about as far as I was going to get. There was one code that didn't quite work, but I think I did about as well as anyone else. Results, of course, are pending.
Last week was the contemporary service, for which all music was completed on time, barely. The rehearsal process got a bit screwed up since the German Choir was in the church when we wanted to rehearse, but we made it work. Next up is our 60th Anniversary celebration/Reformation Sunday service, for which I am writing the prelude, and other sorts of music stuff will happen during the service. So I have a little over 24 hours here to come up with a particularly loud arrangment of "A Mighty Fortress" to suit the occasion. Ready, go.
And finally, it's time for this post's obligatory bitter single guy rant. Apparently there is now a "Sweetest Day," a counterpart of The Day We Do Not Name that falls in late October. I passed two little booths that were selling flowers and stuff on the way back from class. The happy couples are allowed one day a year... ONE!!! Anything beyond that is a contrivance of the greeting card industry which serves primarily to make the male in the relationship buy stuff and to make the proud and lonely feel like crap for another day. And to that, I say, bite me. Now I must go drown my sorrows, and do laundry, and write music. We'll see how this goes.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home