Evin-kay Uckshold-hay, The Ate-gray

Engineer, composer, church organist, pianist, violinist (in that order), fighter of stupidity, witness to insanity. Until they come up with Google: Piglatin, I'm good.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Engineer, composer, church organist, pianist, violinist (in that order), fighter of stupidity, witness to insanity

Saturday, August 26, 2006

The Rest of the Schedule and the War of Limited Objectives

Yawn. Well, surprise, surprise. Homework efforts have already begun. There's a rediculously simple circuits assignment due Thursday and there's a bit of programming I have to do between now and next week that I'm slowly chipping away at. So pretty much, all is well.

The two Thursday classes are probably worth mentioning... Music 421 is focusing on the blues this semester, which is something I really know nothing about, but it beats the heck out of serialism and so forth. It sounds like it's going to be a lot of reading and a lot of writing, and hopefully it won't pose a problem. Then in the afternoon is my MatSE class, where we did a few introductory materials demonstrations, including why you can't bring gallium on an airplane: it makes aluminum extremely brittle. Presumably, we'll be learning why one of these days.

Then, Friday is a most wonderful day in which I have class at 8 and 9 and then nothing else all day. Except this particular Friday was the orchestra audition. Now, it's been my policy for a long time that I'm not interested in making it any higher than the orchestra I was in last semester. Therefore, preparation of the excerpts was somewhat lacking. But I think I got it close enough. And if I drop down to the lowest orchestra, hey, less rehearsal time. Anyway... they tend to get results up alarmingly quickly, and we should be going to rehearsal next week.

Other organizations are up and running as well. In particular, one in which I'm the treasurer has been working on de-cluttering after a year of poor organization. Record-keeping for the last year was practically nonexistant, so I basically have to start over based on the bottom line on the most recent bank statement. Owell. Also, DBF will be having its big organizational meeting this week, probably while I'm at rehearsal. Probably a sign of things to come.

And that's about it. There's still a lab that I'll have to have a look at, but that's most of what will be going on this semester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home