Evin-kay Uckshold-hay, The Ate-gray

Engineer, composer, church organist, pianist, violinist (in that order), fighter of stupidity, witness to insanity. Until they come up with Google: Piglatin, I'm good.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Engineer, composer, church organist, pianist, violinist (in that order), fighter of stupidity, witness to insanity

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Startup and the First Day of Classes: REORG!!!

Well, I'm merrily back at school, or somewhat merrily, anyway. The semester is off to a bizarre start.

First off, the TV doesn't work any more. It's been dropped a few times and rolled on a cart across enough bumpy pavement that I'm not too surprised. Also, books cost over $600, which was majorly not cool, except...

I had my first massive scheduling crisis today. The problem is that the music school has a bunch of the upper level classes on a 2 year rotation, which means I need to take them whenever they come up if I expect to graduate Spring 08. And orchestration came up this semester. And it conflicted with propulsion which in turn has to be taken along with lab, and the music people won't be offering it any other time. So, I have to start pushing stuff around. Basically, AE 433 and 460 drop, Music 426 is added, and I still need something to fill the hole. I tried to locate something to fulfill theory electives, but the one class that didn't conflict with stuff was full. So, I'm taking that materials class that's required with the aero major. Book cost will be readjusted. So the new schedule is:
Monday- ECE 205 at 8, AE 470 at 9, and orchestration from 1-2:30.
Tuesday- Music 421 from 11-12:30, MSE 280 from 2:30-4, and orchestra from 4-6
Wednesday- Same as a Monday, except with ECE lab from 10-12
Thursday- Same as a Tuesday.
Friday- Just ECE 205 and AE 470. I get done at 10.

That's 10 engineering hours and 12 music hours. I picked up another one in the transaction. Interestingly enough, I did make it to all the classes I was supposed to under the new schedule, seeing as the first Wednesday is treated as a Monday. So far, they all seem very reasonable, I hope. Now get back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home