Organ Service 2 1/2: Um... Yeah. Something Like That.
Well, this was a real fun one... I recall having to put a service together on less than a week's notice at one point last year, but that was done on piano. Actually, it went pretty well. I played the same prelude and postlude as I did three weeks ago, and I was able to get the hymns more or less together. The liturgy (Setting II in LBW- not learned yet) was decidely ragged, mainly because I left all my music in the building Friday night and was then locked out all day Saturday, which totally derailed a planned double session to get it together. Owell. Lesson of the day- never leave music in a building I don't have keys to.
Anyway, we now return to my much-neglected composition project which I theoretically need to finish a draft of for my theoretical first lesson on Tuesday, time TBD. I'd unintentionally set it all summer and as a result forgotten how far along I was. In a push in the closing days of last semester, I reached about the halfway point, which means I only have to write 50 measures in the next two days rather than the 75 or so I had anticipated. Of course, I've now frittered away most of the afternoon (some things never change), so I'm not in that great of shape. We'll see how it works out.
Some explanation of the new security measures is probably in order. Towards the end of summer break, I was puttering around and did a Google search of myself (I highly recommend doing this, as it is a common means of information-gathering by employers) and lo and behold, the blog was the third entry or so. Now, my original concept for the blog was for it to contain my opinion of life in general and be availible to anyone who might be interested. As the internship progressed, it became apparent that "life in general" probably should include work experiences (but nothing too specific), and therefore "anyone who might be interested" should probably not include the collective boss. An initial effort to remove the blog from Google searches was undertaken, and for a while all was good. However, friends linked to it (which in itself is fine), and the links appeared showed up. Which created the dilemma I hope is now addressed. Any sort of self-censorship would defeat the purpose of the blog, yet access should be restricted. Yet access should not be restricted to the point where any of my peers who may be curious, but not curious enough to put forth actual effort, wouldn't be able to find it. So, here we are... garble the heck out out of the name, deliberately misspell the web address, and limit the availibility of the new link. Initially, it seems to be working, but clearly vigilence is required. On top of everything else I'm doing.
Anyway, we now return to my much-neglected composition project which I theoretically need to finish a draft of for my theoretical first lesson on Tuesday, time TBD. I'd unintentionally set it all summer and as a result forgotten how far along I was. In a push in the closing days of last semester, I reached about the halfway point, which means I only have to write 50 measures in the next two days rather than the 75 or so I had anticipated. Of course, I've now frittered away most of the afternoon (some things never change), so I'm not in that great of shape. We'll see how it works out.
Some explanation of the new security measures is probably in order. Towards the end of summer break, I was puttering around and did a Google search of myself (I highly recommend doing this, as it is a common means of information-gathering by employers) and lo and behold, the blog was the third entry or so. Now, my original concept for the blog was for it to contain my opinion of life in general and be availible to anyone who might be interested. As the internship progressed, it became apparent that "life in general" probably should include work experiences (but nothing too specific), and therefore "anyone who might be interested" should probably not include the collective boss. An initial effort to remove the blog from Google searches was undertaken, and for a while all was good. However, friends linked to it (which in itself is fine), and the links appeared showed up. Which created the dilemma I hope is now addressed. Any sort of self-censorship would defeat the purpose of the blog, yet access should be restricted. Yet access should not be restricted to the point where any of my peers who may be curious, but not curious enough to put forth actual effort, wouldn't be able to find it. So, here we are... garble the heck out out of the name, deliberately misspell the web address, and limit the availibility of the new link. Initially, it seems to be working, but clearly vigilence is required. On top of everything else I'm doing.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home