Saturday Evening Service XIX and Final Thoughts
Another one bites the dust. I've now begun repeating music in earnest... that communion filler never did quite get finished. So there was a repeat prelude and repeat communion filler and the first hymn was one that I'd played earlier this summer.... the postlude was new, though. It was complicated and needlessly long... by the time I finished, everyone had left. Note to self... invest in shorter postludes.
Thus ends the summer. Packing is now well under way, and tomorrow is travel day. There's a new bike now, an early birthday present. Say hello to RTS 003: Blue Bomber II, or How I Finally Gave Up on Creative Names. It was the cheapest bike in the store, but it was still a bit more expensive would have liked... cheap=less likely to be stolen. A scheme to store the thing in the trunk of the car overnight won't work on account of it being too big and my car predates fold-down rear seats. I also have what I hope is the next generation in lock technology... please, please, please be the next generation in lock technology....
Anyway, it was an extremely eventful summer. I can't remember there being a break anywhere, so I'm still as tired as I was when school ended... maybe I'll just be lathargic and useless all summer. Wouldn't that be fun. I vaguely remember a time when playing a piano solo for the Sunday offertory was a big deal. Then the Saturday Evening Service was a big deal. Now organ services are a big deal, but those too will become routine once I have enough music under my fingers. Me and the word "leadership" are now mentioned in the same sentence, which never used to happen. And I'm employable now. I hope. What the next weeks and months will bring is still completely up in the air, but I should have a better idea by September. Maybe. Or maybe not. The first weeks are always deceptively easy. So, well, here goes.
Thus ends the summer. Packing is now well under way, and tomorrow is travel day. There's a new bike now, an early birthday present. Say hello to RTS 003: Blue Bomber II, or How I Finally Gave Up on Creative Names. It was the cheapest bike in the store, but it was still a bit more expensive would have liked... cheap=less likely to be stolen. A scheme to store the thing in the trunk of the car overnight won't work on account of it being too big and my car predates fold-down rear seats. I also have what I hope is the next generation in lock technology... please, please, please be the next generation in lock technology....
Anyway, it was an extremely eventful summer. I can't remember there being a break anywhere, so I'm still as tired as I was when school ended... maybe I'll just be lathargic and useless all summer. Wouldn't that be fun. I vaguely remember a time when playing a piano solo for the Sunday offertory was a big deal. Then the Saturday Evening Service was a big deal. Now organ services are a big deal, but those too will become routine once I have enough music under my fingers. Me and the word "leadership" are now mentioned in the same sentence, which never used to happen. And I'm employable now. I hope. What the next weeks and months will bring is still completely up in the air, but I should have a better idea by September. Maybe. Or maybe not. The first weeks are always deceptively easy. So, well, here goes.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home