O:FS, Day 97: V-E Day
V-E for victory in engineering, not to be confused with V-M day, which is next week.
Sort of, anyway. Senior design is well and truly over, and after blowing the latest MP out of the water (finally), it looks like there isn't enough left to the major in general to be a concern. DBF remains problematic- the plane more or less flies now, but they keep having "minor crashes"- not quite sure how that works.
At any rate, they'll have to carry on without me, it looks like. The quartet remains in dire need of rehearsal, and now's really not the time for me to be skipping town, I decided. Obviously, if I fail to schedule a rehearsal over the weekend, it would be a major disappointment. And of course, AA refuses to refund my ticket, although I can credit its cost (minus a $100 "change fee") to another ticket in the next year. That may or may not come in handy. Stupid airlines.
Inevitably, in addition to the recital, there is a constant stream of minor projects due over the next week. There's the final presentation for music history, which would actually be quite fun if I didn't have so much else going on. There's also a paper for non-music history, which looks very annoying. It's short enough that I could bang it out the night before (except the night before is practice time), but there's a fairly large research requirement that really looks like it will be a nuisance. Like that class in general. So we'll see how that goes.
Sort of, anyway. Senior design is well and truly over, and after blowing the latest MP out of the water (finally), it looks like there isn't enough left to the major in general to be a concern. DBF remains problematic- the plane more or less flies now, but they keep having "minor crashes"- not quite sure how that works.
At any rate, they'll have to carry on without me, it looks like. The quartet remains in dire need of rehearsal, and now's really not the time for me to be skipping town, I decided. Obviously, if I fail to schedule a rehearsal over the weekend, it would be a major disappointment. And of course, AA refuses to refund my ticket, although I can credit its cost (minus a $100 "change fee") to another ticket in the next year. That may or may not come in handy. Stupid airlines.
Inevitably, in addition to the recital, there is a constant stream of minor projects due over the next week. There's the final presentation for music history, which would actually be quite fun if I didn't have so much else going on. There's also a paper for non-music history, which looks very annoying. It's short enough that I could bang it out the night before (except the night before is practice time), but there's a fairly large research requirement that really looks like it will be a nuisance. Like that class in general. So we'll see how that goes.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home