O:FS, Day 104- V-M Day
Well, almost anyway. The powers that be have yet to officially sign off on the recital, but I don't see that being a problem. As a whole, it went very well, and was quite long. I was tired by the end of the organ half, and it's now glaringly apparent why people don't do minor instrument recitals after their composition recitals. Owell. Things really came together in the past few days. I got my rehearsal in over the weekend, and by the dress rehearsal yesterday we got through the quartet without stopping. And so it went.
DBF was not so fortunate. Somehow or another they managed to get a single scoring flight off and wound up coming in 30th. There were some underlying problems with the configuration we selected back in October, namely it's insanely hard to fly, and that as much as anything did us in. The report didn't go particularly well either. I guess that's what I get for taking 26 hours and hauling along a bunch of extracurriculars to boot.
I have to admit at this point that life after the recital really isn't something that's crossed my mind too much. There are a few residual projects that need finishing by the end of the semester, and a few finals, widely spaced. The next week or so might actually be pretty busy. Then I graduate, and then what? Boeing will start eventually, but I'll still actually have free time and won't be split between two majors any more. Scary though.
DBF was not so fortunate. Somehow or another they managed to get a single scoring flight off and wound up coming in 30th. There were some underlying problems with the configuration we selected back in October, namely it's insanely hard to fly, and that as much as anything did us in. The report didn't go particularly well either. I guess that's what I get for taking 26 hours and hauling along a bunch of extracurriculars to boot.
I have to admit at this point that life after the recital really isn't something that's crossed my mind too much. There are a few residual projects that need finishing by the end of the semester, and a few finals, widely spaced. The next week or so might actually be pretty busy. Then I graduate, and then what? Boeing will start eventually, but I'll still actually have free time and won't be split between two majors any more. Scary though.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home