Another Day In The Life and the Dangers Of Drinking Alone
So, yeah. Here I sit merrily at the end of another hellish week. But it's all better now. Nevertheless, I shall provide another glance at what all happened so the liberal arts majors can gain perspective of what a REAL catastrophe looks like:
Wednesday, Apr. 4
12:00AM- Presently in Grainger lab working on Matlab homework. I'm on the Linux machines so everything is taking twice as long as it should. Finish with assignment around 1:30. Realize there will not be time to finish S&C homework, also due later today. Put finishing touches on paper for Music 408, also due today. Decide revision/editing isn't worth the effort.
2:00AM- Sleep. Glorious sleep.
8:00AM- Wake up. Print 408 paper, concoct hasty explanation of why some parts of the Matlab stuff aren't like what I expected. Eat breakfast, steal sandwich for lunch.
9:00AM- AE 420. Turn in Matlab stuff.
10:00AM- Break. Revisit S&C homework which had been started previously. Realize that I have no clue how to do the last 2 of 3 problems. Fortunately, neither does anyone else.
11:00AM- AE 419. Turn in S&C homework, resist urge to light entire collection pile on fire. Grudgingly sit through garbled, mistake-filled lecture on stuff that's more or less straight out of the book. Lament ongoing lack of example problems.
12:00PM- Music 405. We're covering Madonna today. Huzzah.
1:20 PM- Break between classes. Scarf down sandwich.
1:30 PM- Music 408. Turn in paper. More discussion of minimalism. Minimalism and I get along.
3:00 PM- Cart my sorry self to band building for orchestra. Note once again that half the violin section can't count and half the section seem to be oblivious to the world beyond the music in front of them. These halves overlap somewhat. Also, it seems the concertmaster is either incompetent or he's deliberately trying to not cue us in to see how many of us can't count.
5:00 PM- Continue work on violin/organ piece for Maundy Thursday service tomorrow. Finish by 6:30, off to choir practice sans dinner.
7:00 PM- Choir. We've got three services to rehearse for so it ran long. Manage hasty run through of piece for tomorrow. Eighth note/triplet overlapping causing problems, this will presumably fix itself somehow.
9:00 PM- Dinner. Campustown eateries are closed at this point, head to Murphy's. It's logo glass night, so I get a burger and a beer. I'm now officially drinking alone, write it down.
10:00 PM- Resume work on code needed to select row forms for current composition project. It's a strange combination of serialism and chance operations, don't ask. Finish debugging by 12:30. Then to bed. Note lack of organ practice.
Now, fortunately, everything did work out (having not seen grades yet) except for the S&C which at this point can burn in hell. Things should settle down considerably now.
Wednesday, Apr. 4
12:00AM- Presently in Grainger lab working on Matlab homework. I'm on the Linux machines so everything is taking twice as long as it should. Finish with assignment around 1:30. Realize there will not be time to finish S&C homework, also due later today. Put finishing touches on paper for Music 408, also due today. Decide revision/editing isn't worth the effort.
2:00AM- Sleep. Glorious sleep.
8:00AM- Wake up. Print 408 paper, concoct hasty explanation of why some parts of the Matlab stuff aren't like what I expected. Eat breakfast, steal sandwich for lunch.
9:00AM- AE 420. Turn in Matlab stuff.
10:00AM- Break. Revisit S&C homework which had been started previously. Realize that I have no clue how to do the last 2 of 3 problems. Fortunately, neither does anyone else.
11:00AM- AE 419. Turn in S&C homework, resist urge to light entire collection pile on fire. Grudgingly sit through garbled, mistake-filled lecture on stuff that's more or less straight out of the book. Lament ongoing lack of example problems.
12:00PM- Music 405. We're covering Madonna today. Huzzah.
1:20 PM- Break between classes. Scarf down sandwich.
1:30 PM- Music 408. Turn in paper. More discussion of minimalism. Minimalism and I get along.
3:00 PM- Cart my sorry self to band building for orchestra. Note once again that half the violin section can't count and half the section seem to be oblivious to the world beyond the music in front of them. These halves overlap somewhat. Also, it seems the concertmaster is either incompetent or he's deliberately trying to not cue us in to see how many of us can't count.
5:00 PM- Continue work on violin/organ piece for Maundy Thursday service tomorrow. Finish by 6:30, off to choir practice sans dinner.
7:00 PM- Choir. We've got three services to rehearse for so it ran long. Manage hasty run through of piece for tomorrow. Eighth note/triplet overlapping causing problems, this will presumably fix itself somehow.
9:00 PM- Dinner. Campustown eateries are closed at this point, head to Murphy's. It's logo glass night, so I get a burger and a beer. I'm now officially drinking alone, write it down.
10:00 PM- Resume work on code needed to select row forms for current composition project. It's a strange combination of serialism and chance operations, don't ask. Finish debugging by 12:30. Then to bed. Note lack of organ practice.
Now, fortunately, everything did work out (having not seen grades yet) except for the S&C which at this point can burn in hell. Things should settle down considerably now.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home