Evin-kay Uckshold-hay, The Ate-gray

Engineer, composer, church organist, pianist, violinist (in that order), fighter of stupidity, witness to insanity. Until they come up with Google: Piglatin, I'm good.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Engineer, composer, church organist, pianist, violinist (in that order), fighter of stupidity, witness to insanity

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Intermission!

Not quite break yet, but we're getting there.

The music paper is done (massive deadline panic last Wednesday), Matlab War VII is done (massive deadline panic on Monday that interfered with studying), and the orchestration project is done (massive deadline panic this morning). An odd little sidenote about the last Matlab thing- there was an additional little truss problem that involved using finite element software, which apparently is only available in the LINUX labs. The project itself was not hard, but other little odds and ends, such as opening a file, saving, getting it not to crash, finding where I had saved it, and printing took twice as long as they should have.

Finals are now half done as well. I got to do the big scary engineering ones first. MSE 280 was a take home. He promised something equivalent in length to the previous in-class exams (1 1/2 hours), but it took me at least 4 hours to get through it. Sure, I wasn't particularly efficient and I was checking every little detail in the book to be sure, but geez. That little number was responsible for the second two deadline panics. Also complete is AE 470, which (I think) went quite well, although I had to make up a few things about integration by parts on the spot, and there are other places where I could have hemorrhaged points, as is my custom.

So, with the orchestration project complete and turned in, I actually have the day off. Tomorrow's exam is ECE 205, which is trivial (I hope), with blues history closing it out on Friday. That one's a bit of a wild card. So, it's just a matter of getting closed out. There's so much paper to be discarded... I wonder if we'll be having a bonfire again... Have to look into that.

Here's to a meh ending to a meh semester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home