Disorder and Progress
Work began three weeks ago, and so far work is awesome. They've got me doing CAD stuff for a plane that already exists. It's a lot like senior design, except there are 1000-odd parts, they're a lot harder to make, and the work is split between several people. Managing all that is not my problem just yet. Anyway, I finished my first assembly- a little bracket that holds the landing gear fairing to the underside of the wing- and it seems to be going well so far. There's also a lunch group of interns and other new hires in my building, which may or may not wind up being the foundation for the next stage of my social life depending on how a few other things go.
Church has pretty much picked up where it left off. I got through two more services on piano and one on organ over the past few weeks, and that has actually gotten to be pretty routine. Not routine enough to do it on a weekly basis, though. At any rate, I now have a mailbox up by the organ to go with my key to the building, so I'm pretty officially part of the rotation now. Oddly, I think my parents had hoped I'd switch churches once I moved out and find someplace "with more girls." Because we all know the REAL reason I've been single all these years is I've been going to the wrong church, and as soon as I switch I'll instantly have a girlfriend and all will be well and it will rain candy and we'll all hold hands and sing Kum-ba-yah.
Not. At any rate, I'm not switching. Face it, it takes years to build up key- and mailbox- level credibility.
At any rate, the aforementioned moving out is now imminent. I found an apartment and the cleaning process has transitioned to packing despite the fact that I never actually finished cleaning. As I dig through my room, I've unearthed caches of grade-school era art projects, a bunch of triangular rocks that at one point I thought were arrowheads, newspaper clippings for the concert where I played the piano solo, nearly endless piles of paper, and a few pictures from prom that I forgot I had. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it all. And my parents are going completely nuts. I've started inheriting old furniture and kitchenware and such from various parts of the family tree hand over fist- with all the grandparents deceased, we've built up quite a stash. And apparently I get the piano as well. I'm sure my new neighbors will be thrilled.
Finally, it would appear that I'm following in Dad's footsteps a bit more literally than I had I had envisioned. I started work on June 13th and he started on the 14th, and my first apartment is across the hall from his first apartment. All completely by coincidence.
Church has pretty much picked up where it left off. I got through two more services on piano and one on organ over the past few weeks, and that has actually gotten to be pretty routine. Not routine enough to do it on a weekly basis, though. At any rate, I now have a mailbox up by the organ to go with my key to the building, so I'm pretty officially part of the rotation now. Oddly, I think my parents had hoped I'd switch churches once I moved out and find someplace "with more girls." Because we all know the REAL reason I've been single all these years is I've been going to the wrong church, and as soon as I switch I'll instantly have a girlfriend and all will be well and it will rain candy and we'll all hold hands and sing Kum-ba-yah.
Not. At any rate, I'm not switching. Face it, it takes years to build up key- and mailbox- level credibility.
At any rate, the aforementioned moving out is now imminent. I found an apartment and the cleaning process has transitioned to packing despite the fact that I never actually finished cleaning. As I dig through my room, I've unearthed caches of grade-school era art projects, a bunch of triangular rocks that at one point I thought were arrowheads, newspaper clippings for the concert where I played the piano solo, nearly endless piles of paper, and a few pictures from prom that I forgot I had. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it all. And my parents are going completely nuts. I've started inheriting old furniture and kitchenware and such from various parts of the family tree hand over fist- with all the grandparents deceased, we've built up quite a stash. And apparently I get the piano as well. I'm sure my new neighbors will be thrilled.
Finally, it would appear that I'm following in Dad's footsteps a bit more literally than I had I had envisioned. I started work on June 13th and he started on the 14th, and my first apartment is across the hall from his first apartment. All completely by coincidence.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home