Evin-kay Uckshold-hay, The Ate-gray

Engineer, composer, church organist, pianist, violinist (in that order), fighter of stupidity, witness to insanity. Until they come up with Google: Piglatin, I'm good.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Engineer, composer, church organist, pianist, violinist (in that order), fighter of stupidity, witness to insanity

Saturday, May 10, 2008

O:FS, Day 120: The Surrendering of the Keys

At this point, it is quite literally all over but the crying.

Over the years, I accumulated a fair number of keys to various rooms and buildings on campus, and yesterday I gave them all back. My keyring is now 9 keys lighter (4 for church, 3 DBF-related, and 2 for practice rooms), leaving me with 6, one of which is my room key which will also be departing shortly. Everything else is pretty much shut down as well- library books were returned and so forth. I got the graduation wear as well, including tassels for two degrees, which are finally the correct colors after much standing in line to exchange them. The book sellback effort was a bit of a disappointment. Apparently the German book people came out with a new edition, so they won't take it back. Drat, because it's heavy and I really wanted to get rid of it. Owell.

The CS final was a bit of a joke- it took me less time than the midterms. I managed to finish first and when I was debating whether to look over it some more, the answer came to me from South Park- "screw you guys, I'm going home." And so it was. I clobbered the MP upon the regrade, so that should all be in order now. Results pending, not that they really matter at this point.

Which brings us to the traditional paper purge. It's a bit more extensive this year. In particular, I cataloged all the church music and handed it over to them because, again, it's heavy and I wanted to get rid of it. It's really piled up over the years. There were arrangements for 70-odd hymns as well as preludes, postludes, and so on. So that took most of the week. My old friends from years past came into town for the last drink-off last night, but it wound up being pretty restrained. The dorms stopped serving food yesterday, so I've eaten my last cafeteria food. I won't set foot in many of the buildings again. Um, yeah. I guess that's about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home