Post- O:FS, Day 1- Home Again
All done!
The graduation ceremonies were above all things quite long. That was my second time in Assembly Hall, the first being freshman convocation, back when dinosaurs roamed the earth.
Since then, they've renumbered the courses, renamed the aerospace department (it used to be Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering), built a few new buildings, torn down a few old buildings, gotten rid of the mascot, and switched the color of the convocation shirt (which I still have) from white to orange. The orchestra got a new conductor, the football team got a new coach, and church got a new organist, followed by an interim and then new permanent pastor. The basketball team almost won it all but didn't, and the football team finally started winning again, but failed to beat Michigan during my tenure. So definitely time to be moving along before too much more history passes me by.
The ceremonies themselves were mainly long- the campuswide one had some decent speeches, and the engineering diploma ceremony had a lot of names to be read. If I was going back and doing it over, I might have gone to the music one instead. At any rate, they got my name right and I didn't trip, and that's what really matters. Amazingly, during our half-hour long procession for the engineering ceremony, they had a live brass ensemble playing Pomp and Circumstance, over and over. Sucks to be them.
Packing and such were fairly uneventful, and I'm back home now. I haven't heard anything from church, which means I have absolutely nothing to do at this point until work starts up. Although I'll probably have to clean my room eventually. There's a lot of paper built up, not to mention dust. Drat.
The graduation ceremonies were above all things quite long. That was my second time in Assembly Hall, the first being freshman convocation, back when dinosaurs roamed the earth.
Since then, they've renumbered the courses, renamed the aerospace department (it used to be Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering), built a few new buildings, torn down a few old buildings, gotten rid of the mascot, and switched the color of the convocation shirt (which I still have) from white to orange. The orchestra got a new conductor, the football team got a new coach, and church got a new organist, followed by an interim and then new permanent pastor. The basketball team almost won it all but didn't, and the football team finally started winning again, but failed to beat Michigan during my tenure. So definitely time to be moving along before too much more history passes me by.
The ceremonies themselves were mainly long- the campuswide one had some decent speeches, and the engineering diploma ceremony had a lot of names to be read. If I was going back and doing it over, I might have gone to the music one instead. At any rate, they got my name right and I didn't trip, and that's what really matters. Amazingly, during our half-hour long procession for the engineering ceremony, they had a live brass ensemble playing Pomp and Circumstance, over and over. Sucks to be them.
Packing and such were fairly uneventful, and I'm back home now. I haven't heard anything from church, which means I have absolutely nothing to do at this point until work starts up. Although I'll probably have to clean my room eventually. There's a lot of paper built up, not to mention dust. Drat.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home