Evin-kay Uckshold-hay, The Ate-gray

Engineer, composer, church organist, pianist, violinist (in that order), fighter of stupidity, witness to insanity. Until they come up with Google: Piglatin, I'm good.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Engineer, composer, church organist, pianist, violinist (in that order), fighter of stupidity, witness to insanity

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Who Moved My Cheese?

The year finally ended. Finals really weren't bad. They were nice and spread out and even the dreaded test in 419 seemed reasonable. Results pending. I hung around for an extra day or two so I could have the last night out party with my friends, and that went reasonably well. So ends a semester that reached a level of absurdity that borders on Dada. The snow days, the violin, the dentist, finding the violin, DBF, the half of my social life that just graduated, and the girl... maybe. Still don't have anything definitive there, but I haven't blown it yet, either, which is way better than usual. Add to that my sudden and unexpected election as president of next year's church council. Basically, they nominated me on account of I've been around forever and I figured, what the heck, why not.

So, here I am back home again. The thing about coming home is stuff moves while you're gone. Trees die, the dishwasher gets replaced (again), the intersection where I usually get off the highway has gotten blown to smithereens as part of some godawful construction project. And they're "improving" my old grocery store. The video department closed, the greeting cards are where the video department used to be, the cleaning products are where the greeting cards used to be, the cereal is where the cleaning products used to be, and I don't know what's going where the cereal used to be. Everything just seems a bit off, and at this point, it's not really my grocery store any more.

Boeing still hasn't figured out what I'm doing this summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home