Victory Is Mine: The REAL First Day of the Rest of my Life
What a difference a week makes. The interview went through as planned (although I missed three classes waiting for it), and I can say for a fact now that it went well. Over the phone today they said I got the job, which means I can start celebrating, although I'd like to have some binding paperwork completed before I go too crazy. So Boeing it is, in St. Louis no less. I guess the place hasn't outlived its usefulness after all. And in a few months, I get a triumphant homecoming instead of the usual schluff back to the produce department... (My regards to the people of Dierbergs. It's been great, but it's really time to move on.) So, for anyone keeping score, I'm now 2 for 2 on job applications (this plus the aforementioned produce job) and zero for an indeterminitely large number on dating. Which reminds me... all the girls that are "too busy" to go out with me (you know who you are) can now officially eat it, because I get paid for this sucker. And while I'm at it, all the do-nothing beer-swilling random-hookup frat guys that I hold in such contempt can eat it as well. Because the bitter-single mentality isn't going anywhere. It's just been marginalized somewhat.
The intervening week has been a complete mess. Lab report and prelab due today, the usual stuff due Monday, two tests today (all four done, none graded... go figure), and all the church music went to rehearsal this evening. So we definitely pushed HW level 10, although I was too busy to record it. That's all now done, and it seems to have gone pretty well. Results pending, of course. The Department owes me a few graded lab reports as well.
So, buisness as usual for another week, then is spring break, such as it were.
The intervening week has been a complete mess. Lab report and prelab due today, the usual stuff due Monday, two tests today (all four done, none graded... go figure), and all the church music went to rehearsal this evening. So we definitely pushed HW level 10, although I was too busy to record it. That's all now done, and it seems to have gone pretty well. Results pending, of course. The Department owes me a few graded lab reports as well.
So, buisness as usual for another week, then is spring break, such as it were.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home