Evin-kay Uckshold-hay, The Ate-gray

Engineer, composer, church organist, pianist, violinist (in that order), fighter of stupidity, witness to insanity. Until they come up with Google: Piglatin, I'm good.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Engineer, composer, church organist, pianist, violinist (in that order), fighter of stupidity, witness to insanity

Friday, February 10, 2006

Labs, CAD, Corporate Pandering, the Perpetual Homework Crisis, and Who Knows What Else

Whew.
Work continues. I think I'll just start every post like that from here on.

We're now truly up to the full workload. We had our first lab on Wednesday... a shout out to the lab group is definitely in order since they all seem dedicated, organized, and willing to work, which is all I could possibly hope for. Now we gotta write the report and do the next prelab by next Wednesday. And that's how that's going to work for a while now.

All the week's homework got done on time. So, time to get started on next week's, due Monday, Monday, Monday, Wednesday (lab stuff), and Friday. As I expected, it never ends.

Church music continues. The rehearsal got pushed back to tonight, and no new members, although our organist will be playing along this time. So that should more or less fill the hole. And I still have a hymn and a half to arrange between now and 5:30. Piece o' cake. And fortunately, that isn't something I'll have to do every week.

The computer-generated plane looks like a plane now. There's still some internal detail that needs to get worked out, and I'll have to make some modifications to the fuselage (which will in turn mean modifications to like, 5 other parts), but it's definitely getting there. And it's still sapping every last minute of my free time. Due next Friday.

Yesterday was the career fair. Which meant updating my resume, printing out a few copies, buying the $15 professional-looking folder/notepad-thing to put the resumes in, and running around in a suit and tie all afternoon. Sure, I might be a disgruntled college student that's never held a full time job, but for a few hours there, I was actually able to fake long-term success. Not to get actual interviews, mind you. That doesn't happen until later. Basically, you go and talk to a bunch of representatives that run you through the process of actually submitting your application. Which is a bit surreal, but that's the price of doing something other than stacking fruit all summer. Which at this point is simply too unpleasant to comprehend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home