The First Day of the Rest of my Life.... Or Not
According to plans laid Tuesday, Boeing was to call for an interview this morning at 9, and this would to an internship and many greater things. And I was ready at 9. And 9:15. And 9:30. By 9:50, it was time for me to leave for class. Drat. But wait... it gets better. Apparently they called at 9:56. I think this one really takes the cake. Anyway, we're rescheduled for tomorrow, also at 9, interestingly enough. I'll be missing a class, but that's the price of progress. And I'm a day wiser now. By "9", they mean "sometime in a two hour span beginning at 9." Live and learn.
Everything else is still puttering merrily along. I've survived another homework cycle. 1 down, 3 to go on the tests. And I got to conduct the orchestra today. In the concert hall, no less. It went pretty well considering they were sight reading. It's a big orchestra to stand up in the middle of, considering my previous experience involved my conducting class from Fall, 2004 which consisted of roughly 8 instrumentalists and maybe 12 vocalists at the final recital. Anyway, file this one under things I'll probably never get to do again, right along with playing a piano concerto solo with orchestra. That concert (shout-out to the Mendelssohn G minor) was three years ago today. Those were the days.
And the DBF CAD package is now finished. I thought it was finished several times before, but they kept insisting on revisions. But it's definitely finished now, seeing as the report has to get mailed tomorrow, and they'll be hard pressed to get me to do anything between now and then.
So, on to tomorrow... A test and an interview, I hope. Buisness as usual.
Everything else is still puttering merrily along. I've survived another homework cycle. 1 down, 3 to go on the tests. And I got to conduct the orchestra today. In the concert hall, no less. It went pretty well considering they were sight reading. It's a big orchestra to stand up in the middle of, considering my previous experience involved my conducting class from Fall, 2004 which consisted of roughly 8 instrumentalists and maybe 12 vocalists at the final recital. Anyway, file this one under things I'll probably never get to do again, right along with playing a piano concerto solo with orchestra. That concert (shout-out to the Mendelssohn G minor) was three years ago today. Those were the days.
And the DBF CAD package is now finished. I thought it was finished several times before, but they kept insisting on revisions. But it's definitely finished now, seeing as the report has to get mailed tomorrow, and they'll be hard pressed to get me to do anything between now and then.
So, on to tomorrow... A test and an interview, I hope. Buisness as usual.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home