Evin-kay Uckshold-hay, The Ate-gray

Engineer, composer, church organist, pianist, violinist (in that order), fighter of stupidity, witness to insanity. Until they come up with Google: Piglatin, I'm good.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Engineer, composer, church organist, pianist, violinist (in that order), fighter of stupidity, witness to insanity

Thursday, February 02, 2006

The fun... um, continues to continue: What's on the plate?

My head hurts. So, here's a little something for all the music majors that are whining about their absurdly easy theory homework. Just for perspective. Because in the grand scheme of things, theory homework is quite trivially simple. Back when I was in theory, it's what I did when I was sick of real work...

Over the past week or so, I've put in a good 10 hours or so CAD-modeling and assembling wing components. The wing itself, and all the little ribs... Anyway, it's more or less done, and I daresay it looks very wing-like. I'm satisfied. Which brings us to the three most important words in the English language: (No, not "I love you," you overly sentimental, weak-minded fool) Mate axis-axis. SOOO much easier than trying to get face mates worked out. The fuselage remains, but I'm not ready to think about that just yet.

So what exactly constitutes and "excessive" homework situation, you ask? Well here's what I'll be up to this weekend:

•Three classes worth of engineering homework, due Monday
•Another class of engineering homework plus lab preparation, due Wednesday
•An entire contemporary service worth of music (prelude, postlude, three hymns) to be arranged for ensemble that's still a bit up in the air, goes to rehearsal Thursday
•Make feeble attempt to recruit musicians for said ensemble to compensate for departure of trombonist
•Undetermined amount of DBF work, both CADding and payload testing
•Organ practice, ongoing as possible

I think that about covers it. There's probably a meeting or two in there somewhere. So, yeah, you won't be hearing much from me for a while. It's all perfectly doable, assuming I don't put it all off until Sunday night. Then it blows up into a completely unprecedented catastrophe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home