Evin-kay Uckshold-hay, The Ate-gray

Engineer, composer, church organist, pianist, violinist (in that order), fighter of stupidity, witness to insanity. Until they come up with Google: Piglatin, I'm good.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Engineer, composer, church organist, pianist, violinist (in that order), fighter of stupidity, witness to insanity

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Happy Birthday, My Ass

So I once again find myself a year older. People who know me know not to ask how long I've been single for, but that's up by another year as well. Mom says she sent a care package, which would be great except I haven't gotten it. Which calls into question whether I'm getting all my mail.

Classes are still going well, I think. Nothing's been graded yet. German already has a test this Tuesday. There's been quite a bit of administrative stuff that needs to get done for DBF, and I'm working on the latest set of church music. The ensemble's quite a bit bigger this year. But overall, I've had quite a bit of downtime. Which is when I deal with...

... The stupid crisis du jour.

So, the car finally kicked the bucket. I think. At least it won't start. The extended crank thing that's been going on for a year finally reached a critical point over the weekend. So there it sits at church. I'll get it towed to the local dealership eventually and see what they think of it. At least it's not accumulating tickets.

Speaking of which, the War on Campus Parking continues. At this point, they've revoked one of the two tickets "as a courtesy"... sooo condescending. I've put in a formal protest about the other one, which may or may not get resolved in 4-6 weeks. In the meantime, at the close of last semester, I purchased a permit for the ISR lot, which I've subsequently returned. I have yet to see a refund for that, although they said I'd get it. And furthermore, apparently the price dropped over the summer, so they won't be refunding the whole amount. Screw them.

And of course, I haven't managed to schedule comp lesson yet. Sounds like I have email to write.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home