Reunited At Last
All is well. To some extent. That is to say, we're finally back to the pre-April 9 baseline with the return of the violin. After extended negotiation, the police finally saw fit to release it to me, although I'm not sure what's changed between now and two months ago. It's become somewhat famous within the police department; another officer happened by while I was signing paperwork and wanted to know if this was the violin... yep. The trial is still pending and will be monitored closely.
This all coincided with my trip to Champaign for the council retreat, which I was running this year, to some extent anyway. I finally got to meet the new pastor. She seems very energetic and ambitious, which is more or less exactly what we need. She also brings a newcomer's eye and pointed out that most of our furniture, etc. is stuck in the '60s. Which is a very good point... I can't believe we didn't come up with that years ago. I guess by the time anyone gets to Council, they're used to it. Needless to say, we'll be working on that, along with a number of other things to make everything more newcomer-friendly. Most of the Council also seems ready to get up and do stuff, which makes my life a heck of a lot easier. We'll see how well it holds up once school starts.
So back to work for another few weeks anyway. That's going to be winding down before too long here. My code is done (all 20+ subroutines), and it seems to be working. Now I just have to show everyone how it works. And that's a two week project in and of itself. There have also been several career fairs, from which should come my full-time offer for next year, again within the next two weeks. It would be very nice to go back to school with that in hand.
This all coincided with my trip to Champaign for the council retreat, which I was running this year, to some extent anyway. I finally got to meet the new pastor. She seems very energetic and ambitious, which is more or less exactly what we need. She also brings a newcomer's eye and pointed out that most of our furniture, etc. is stuck in the '60s. Which is a very good point... I can't believe we didn't come up with that years ago. I guess by the time anyone gets to Council, they're used to it. Needless to say, we'll be working on that, along with a number of other things to make everything more newcomer-friendly. Most of the Council also seems ready to get up and do stuff, which makes my life a heck of a lot easier. We'll see how well it holds up once school starts.
So back to work for another few weeks anyway. That's going to be winding down before too long here. My code is done (all 20+ subroutines), and it seems to be working. Now I just have to show everyone how it works. And that's a two week project in and of itself. There have also been several career fairs, from which should come my full-time offer for next year, again within the next two weeks. It would be very nice to go back to school with that in hand.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home