Evin-kay Uckshold-hay, The Ate-gray

Engineer, composer, church organist, pianist, violinist (in that order), fighter of stupidity, witness to insanity. Until they come up with Google: Piglatin, I'm good.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Engineer, composer, church organist, pianist, violinist (in that order), fighter of stupidity, witness to insanity

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Heat wave!

I have to say I'm really not a fan of summer. My brain tends to shut down at temperatures above 90, and I can't do pools because I burn to a crisp at the drop of a hat and sunscreen is gross. Meanwhile St. Louis is baking away at temperatures over 100. Fortunately, Boeing is airconditioned, although not quite as airconditioned as the produce department was. Home is also airconditioned, but I'm on the second floor at the opposite end of the house so it doesn't quite make it this far despite the little vent-booster fan we have.

I should probably also mention that EVERY SINGLE HIGHWAY WE HAVE is under construction right now. On my way to work, there are like, 2 short stretches in a 10 mile trip on 4 roads that aren't being repaved. One of the side effects is that the median that used to be on Lindbergh, making it a divided street, isn't there any more during work. There is no designated left turn lane, and signs are up clearly stating "No Left Turn (you idiots)," but these aren't always observed. Case in point, today. This dude in a truck tries to shoot a left across Lindbergh, makes it halfway, and gets stuck blocking traffic (read, me) as he waits for the other direction to clear. This warranted the first ever use of my horn. I've attempted on other less severe occasions, but I always kinda miss the button and by the time I figure it out, the opportunity has passed. Not today. It's times like that I wish my car had: a. a cowcatcher, b. a giant spike on the front, or c. cruise missiles, or some combination thereof. Note that a direct ramming is strictly out of the question since said car predates airbags. Anyway...

Back to practicing. Gotta put the next one together now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home