Evin-kay Uckshold-hay, The Ate-gray

Engineer, composer, church organist, pianist, violinist (in that order), fighter of stupidity, witness to insanity. Until they come up with Google: Piglatin, I'm good.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Engineer, composer, church organist, pianist, violinist (in that order), fighter of stupidity, witness to insanity

Monday, June 05, 2006

Saturday Evening Service XV: Mozart to the Rescue

So, yeah, by Friday afternoon, it had become apparent that this week's postlude was a bit too ambitious. So I set about learning a Mozart sonata movement in a day. I'd played the first movement of this particular sonata back in high school and had read the third movement (the one I used for the service) a few times then, and it didn't take too much to get it together. Regrettably, I didn't quite master the page turns, so there were a few blatent gaps. The fact that the blower in church was running didn't help either.

The way the schedule has worked out, not only must all piano work be done at night, so must all organ practice for Sunday Service I. They've given me the keys to church for this purpose. And thus I've become Late Night Church Organ Player Dude. Some people go to parties and such, I sit up in the choir loft. Alone. In the dark. And play Bach. In minor. Because that's how I roll. So there.

And so, as the Cardinals snatch defeat from the jaws of victory yet again (huzzah!), I must go to bed, for there is work tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home