Gasp... Sputter... Cough.... The Semester In Review
AE 353 stands alone.
It seems like the most annoying final is always left till last and this semester is no exception. 3 others have been completed with varying results. Generally, I refuse to project grades given that I tend to be wrong, but what the heck, here goes... AE 312: No sweat. There was one problem on the final that I wasn't too sure about, but I've been in good shape all semester. I say I pull off the A. AE 322: As I was walking home from the final, I realized I had made at least one rather serious mistake. Moreover, the rest of the test was a mess from a computational standpoint. Still, I was in good shape going into it, and I expect a curve. A-. AE 302: I liked how the final went, but I got clobbered on the miterms. I think I still haven't gotten a few graded homeworks back yet. A-. AE 353 is a total crapshoot. AE 360: We still haven't gotten half the labs back, and on those we have, we've gotten creamed. Again, we expect a curve. B. I hated that class. Results should be in within a week or two.
My roommate has skipped town, leaving the room quiet, empty, and generally depressing. This happened last year, too. Suddenly the keyboard echoes a lot more loudly than it did before. One more day. Even as everything else is winding down, organ is picking up since I now have a confirmed date when I get to play over the summer. And there's a piano service the week after I get back. Hooray. Also, it turns out I don't have to surrender my practice room keys for the summer, so my pockets won't be quite as disconcertingly light as they have been in years past.
So, pending one more final, it would appear I've survived the semester from hell. Barely. Corners were cut. Rules were bent. Classes were missed. Sleep was lost. And music really got the short end of things, which is too bad. Generally, I was "done" about three weeks ago, but classes just kept going. I believe they call that "burnout." I've been informed that this is the worst the aero department can throw at me. I have two years left to catch up on music and get electives mopped up. And the most important thing, of course, is... no senior design next year! Take that. The five year plan carries the day, again.
Death to bike thieves. Don't think this is over. I'll be back.
It seems like the most annoying final is always left till last and this semester is no exception. 3 others have been completed with varying results. Generally, I refuse to project grades given that I tend to be wrong, but what the heck, here goes... AE 312: No sweat. There was one problem on the final that I wasn't too sure about, but I've been in good shape all semester. I say I pull off the A. AE 322: As I was walking home from the final, I realized I had made at least one rather serious mistake. Moreover, the rest of the test was a mess from a computational standpoint. Still, I was in good shape going into it, and I expect a curve. A-. AE 302: I liked how the final went, but I got clobbered on the miterms. I think I still haven't gotten a few graded homeworks back yet. A-. AE 353 is a total crapshoot. AE 360: We still haven't gotten half the labs back, and on those we have, we've gotten creamed. Again, we expect a curve. B. I hated that class. Results should be in within a week or two.
My roommate has skipped town, leaving the room quiet, empty, and generally depressing. This happened last year, too. Suddenly the keyboard echoes a lot more loudly than it did before. One more day. Even as everything else is winding down, organ is picking up since I now have a confirmed date when I get to play over the summer. And there's a piano service the week after I get back. Hooray. Also, it turns out I don't have to surrender my practice room keys for the summer, so my pockets won't be quite as disconcertingly light as they have been in years past.
So, pending one more final, it would appear I've survived the semester from hell. Barely. Corners were cut. Rules were bent. Classes were missed. Sleep was lost. And music really got the short end of things, which is too bad. Generally, I was "done" about three weeks ago, but classes just kept going. I believe they call that "burnout." I've been informed that this is the worst the aero department can throw at me. I have two years left to catch up on music and get electives mopped up. And the most important thing, of course, is... no senior design next year! Take that. The five year plan carries the day, again.
Death to bike thieves. Don't think this is over. I'll be back.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home