Evin-kay Uckshold-hay, The Ate-gray

Engineer, composer, church organist, pianist, violinist (in that order), fighter of stupidity, witness to insanity. Until they come up with Google: Piglatin, I'm good.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Engineer, composer, church organist, pianist, violinist (in that order), fighter of stupidity, witness to insanity

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Out With the Old, In With the New

Crunch!

Last night was Physics Society's final pizza meeting of the year, and after that was the standard physics building-related hijinks. Specifically, we finally demolished the tower of cans I put there last year. Because, let's face it, as cool as that thing was, it was falling apart. And we needed to make space for this year's cooler (read, larger) tower of cans. So, down it came. Via bowling ball. I understand there's video of the event somewhere, and I want it. I salvaged enough cans to finish the new one, which will be hauled down Green Street on a cart (hopefully in one piece) later this week. Spectators welcome. Also, to the Loomis maintainence people who find all the recycling bins jammed full of cans, some of which are still hot-glued together, we don't know anything about that.

On a related note, to anyone who may or may not be investigating the loud explosion which may or may not have occured in the general vicinity of Loomis yesterday evening, which some would claim may or may not have been the result of liquid nitrogen sealed in a two liter bottle which may or may not have been thrown in the creek... yeah, we don't know anything about that, either. You can't prove anything. Shut up.

The semester is rapidly drawing to a close. All midterms have been taken. I'm now in the very precarious position where I no longer want to do anything (the DBF sleep deprivation excuse is starting to wear thin), but there are still a few assignments left to finish, most notably, the massive final lab report, due Tuesday. And lectures are still happening, which is very dangerous since the material covered is fair game for the final, but I lack the will to take the related homework seriously. Owell. That's the end of the semester for you. Orchestra has a concert tonight and the last contemporary service is tomorrow... kudos to the ensemble. Mom is coming to town to listen, assuming she doesn't get scared off by the rain. And she'll also take home a bunch of the random stuff I've had here all year and won't need for the final two weeks.

Here's to the last gasping sprint to the finish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home