Burn, Baby, Burn! End-Ops and the Triumphant(*) Return to St. Louis
* Actual level of triumph to be determined.
It is finished.
AE 353 final was this morning... I pieced it together from the notes, the homework solutions, and a good deal of rampant speculation. Close enough. I project an A. Anyhoo... To celebrate the end of the semester, we had ourselves a little bonfire. Actually, I was the only one that actually burned anything. But in any given semester, there's a substantial buildup of paper which must be disposed of at semester's end, otherwise I get buried. Usually, this is simply thrown away in an event affectionately known as "The Purge." However, this year we lit it on fire in a barbecue grill. Also burned was the God-forsakenly huge course packet from 353, not so affectionately known as "The Brick." And it burned... slowly. The paper was so dense that air couldn't circulate properly, and we had to be careful because of the wind. But it did burn. It was very therapudic. Of course, I saved everything I actually got a grade for, as well as a select few handouts that I may need later. And that was about it.
So I find myself again in St. Louis, by no means in exile. The internship starts next week. I get to play church services on six different weekends (the first of which is next week), plus whatever else I can put together on my own. And I actually unpacked everything instead of leaving in its boxes for the summer. I'm proud. Hopefully, things will be fairly well-behaved this summer, and I can make this an op/ed type blog instead of just straight news. Because, let's face it, as strange as my life is, no one really cares. I owe the world a few rants.
But first, sleep. Then piano.
It is finished.
AE 353 final was this morning... I pieced it together from the notes, the homework solutions, and a good deal of rampant speculation. Close enough. I project an A. Anyhoo... To celebrate the end of the semester, we had ourselves a little bonfire. Actually, I was the only one that actually burned anything. But in any given semester, there's a substantial buildup of paper which must be disposed of at semester's end, otherwise I get buried. Usually, this is simply thrown away in an event affectionately known as "The Purge." However, this year we lit it on fire in a barbecue grill. Also burned was the God-forsakenly huge course packet from 353, not so affectionately known as "The Brick." And it burned... slowly. The paper was so dense that air couldn't circulate properly, and we had to be careful because of the wind. But it did burn. It was very therapudic. Of course, I saved everything I actually got a grade for, as well as a select few handouts that I may need later. And that was about it.
So I find myself again in St. Louis, by no means in exile. The internship starts next week. I get to play church services on six different weekends (the first of which is next week), plus whatever else I can put together on my own. And I actually unpacked everything instead of leaving in its boxes for the summer. I'm proud. Hopefully, things will be fairly well-behaved this summer, and I can make this an op/ed type blog instead of just straight news. Because, let's face it, as strange as my life is, no one really cares. I owe the world a few rants.
But first, sleep. Then piano.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home