Evin-kay Uckshold-hay, The Ate-gray

Engineer, composer, church organist, pianist, violinist (in that order), fighter of stupidity, witness to insanity. Until they come up with Google: Piglatin, I'm good.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Engineer, composer, church organist, pianist, violinist (in that order), fighter of stupidity, witness to insanity

Friday, January 27, 2006

The End of the Grace Period and Huckshold's First Law of Network Computing

Let the homework begin. Two classes worth due Monday, more due Wednesday and I have a pretty good idea how to do it. Additionally, work relating to Design/Build/Fly (DBF hereafter) is really picking up. There's construction type work to do in the shop in the evenings (3 hours last night) and a number of tasks relating to graphics, CAD, and writing for the report. Which brings us to the First Law of Network Computing:

Always download and save to desktop.
Always, always, always.

Always.

I was doing some report work in the Engineering Hall lab that involved modifying a file that I had previously saved to my Netfiles account. I thought I had it downloaded okay, and I thought I had successfully saved changes to it in its new location (the "temp" folder), but this turned out not to be the case. So, an hour's work down the drain. Not for the first time, and probably not for the last. Which brings us to Huckshold's Second Law of Network Computing: Redoing something following a blown save only takes half as long as it did the first time.

Much else to do. From here on, a "weekend" is a figment of my imagination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home