Evin-kay Uckshold-hay, The Ate-gray

Engineer, composer, church organist, pianist, violinist (in that order), fighter of stupidity, witness to insanity. Until they come up with Google: Piglatin, I'm good.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Engineer, composer, church organist, pianist, violinist (in that order), fighter of stupidity, witness to insanity

Monday, July 10, 2006

Organ Service 0.5 Beta and the Road to Champaign

All hail my car.

Church council had its midsummer planning retreat over the weekend, which necessitated a rather long trip back to Chambana. All went well. We had the usual meeting and so forth. Campus still functions over break, and this became apparent with the increasingly grad student-dominated council. And there was the cookout/house party barbecue event put on by our council president... nighttime drunken volleyball=it no longer matters that I suck. Nice. It should be noted that with our pastor retired and several key members having moved on, the council has a dramatically different character than it did last year. We'll see how that translates into the year's activities.

Anyway, Sunday morning I got to play my organ prelude for the service. I had all my music on hand to practice, and I jumped at the opportunity to play something in front of a small crowd before next weekend. It went very well... of course, this is the piece I've had under my fingers since winter break sophomore year, so it was pretty low risk. Hopefully that will allay my nerves somewhat. Six practice days remain.

Then was the trip home, which was also made successfully. This marks the first time that my car has made it to and from Champaign without anything breaking. On the trip to audition senior year of high school, there was the flat tire; the summer after freshman year, the airconditioner shat itself and cost me four figures; and last summer was the infamous busted radiator cap incident with the overheating and so forth. None of that this year, though. This means it gets to go to school with me in fall. I've got my parking spot and everything.

Of course, there are a few matters to attend to between then and now... back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home