Evin-kay Uckshold-hay, The Ate-gray

Engineer, composer, church organist, pianist, violinist (in that order), fighter of stupidity, witness to insanity. Until they come up with Google: Piglatin, I'm good.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Engineer, composer, church organist, pianist, violinist (in that order), fighter of stupidity, witness to insanity

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Saturday Evening Service XVII: Dress Rehearsal

Well, not really. Only the hymns and liturgy are common between today and tomorrow... everything else is different. Actual "dress rehearsal" will be another play-through of everything this evening. Alone, and in the dark, in the choir loft. Based on recent progress, everything should go well, at least well enough that I can fake my way through any mishaps.

Speaking of the dark, the lights went out midway through the first hymn. This is highly irregular and probably the result of a blown fuse. Fortunately, my piano light still worked and I kept going. Because as long as I'm still playing, everything is fine. Beyond that, tonight's service was set up not to be a burden on tomorrow. The prelude was something I played in high school, the offertory was improvised (as always), the communion filler was something I'd played before, and the postlude was that fugue from A Musical Offering that I was trying to put together for a previous service but didn't quite make it. And all was well.

So off I go, to practice and sleep and success. I hope. All depends on the middle one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home