Evin-kay Uckshold-hay, The Ate-gray

Engineer, composer, church organist, pianist, violinist (in that order), fighter of stupidity, witness to insanity. Until they come up with Google: Piglatin, I'm good.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Engineer, composer, church organist, pianist, violinist (in that order), fighter of stupidity, witness to insanity

Monday, January 16, 2006

Adventures in Shopping: The John D. Anderson Textbook Cartel

Shopping has been done. There's only one textbook this time around, by John D. Anderson the Much Greater than I, apparently. Because I now own three of his books. Apparently I'm putting his kids through college. I'm not terribly impressed by his books. All the material's there if you dig a bit. But the pictures aren't terribly informative. And it lacks a table with the constants (speed of sound, density of air, etc) that I need to do problems. There's a "course packet" that has yet to be tracked down. I found its place on the shelf, but it's not there. Also, I bought a kitchen storage set, for purposes to be revealed later. You can't just buy one sandwich-sized container (which is what I need). You have to get the 10 piece set. And by "10 piece set," they mean five containers and their lids. Just for future reference. But that's okay, because the five container and lid set only cost $2. Yay for Walgreens.

Now that I'm back it seems like I never left. This was enforced by the five hour (including dinner) church council planning meeting. We had one of those the week before I left. And we basically revisited the issues discussed then. On the plus side, the semester is now tentatively planned. Other than that, there's a surprising degree of continuity in the coursework/class times/professors between last semester and this one. On that note, classes start tomorrow at 10 in the morning. Which isn't a bad time to start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home