Back!
Look out, Champaign. Or Urbana as the case may be.
Suffice it to say that break ended with a thud. Practice efforts on organ and violin were laughable and abysmal, respectively. Which isn't entirely surprising. I now have two days to compensate. Ready, go. Packing, travel, and unpacking were all uneventful. I'm reasonably sure I didn't forget anything. For once.
Semester-wise, this is The Big One. The sixth semester of aerospace, about which songs are written and stories are told. And none of them good. There are 5 engineering classes, accounting for 14 credit hours. The term "lab report" has re-entered the lexicon. And these won't be the dinky little ones from chemistry I vaguely remember as being mainly easy and a waste of time. Music-wise, only the bare minimum. Orchestra, organ, and composition, just enough to maintain continuity. And I'm to upper level composition, which I guess is saying something. All this is undertaken having successfully survived everything last semester through at me (I'm officially the first junior ever to pass Mus 407: Electroacousics, but I estimate it to be at the cost of several percentage points -the difference between a B+ and an A- in AE 321- in all the engineering classes last semester from sheer exhaustion). 20 hours in all, which is actually down slightly from past semesters. We'll see how it goes, but I'm reasonably sure there will be spans of weeks on end of perpetual homework completion.
Suffice it to say that break ended with a thud. Practice efforts on organ and violin were laughable and abysmal, respectively. Which isn't entirely surprising. I now have two days to compensate. Ready, go. Packing, travel, and unpacking were all uneventful. I'm reasonably sure I didn't forget anything. For once.
Semester-wise, this is The Big One. The sixth semester of aerospace, about which songs are written and stories are told. And none of them good. There are 5 engineering classes, accounting for 14 credit hours. The term "lab report" has re-entered the lexicon. And these won't be the dinky little ones from chemistry I vaguely remember as being mainly easy and a waste of time. Music-wise, only the bare minimum. Orchestra, organ, and composition, just enough to maintain continuity. And I'm to upper level composition, which I guess is saying something. All this is undertaken having successfully survived everything last semester through at me (I'm officially the first junior ever to pass Mus 407: Electroacousics, but I estimate it to be at the cost of several percentage points -the difference between a B+ and an A- in AE 321- in all the engineering classes last semester from sheer exhaustion). 20 hours in all, which is actually down slightly from past semesters. We'll see how it goes, but I'm reasonably sure there will be spans of weeks on end of perpetual homework completion.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home