Most. Unproductive. Day. Ever.
That is to say, yesterday and today COMBINED is the most unproductive day ever. Either of them by itself was so unproductive that it technically doesn't even count as being a day, even though 24 hours elapsed.
I did, however, manage to grind out Saturday's prelude. Eventually. This was done mainly in short spurts separated by hours of aimless internet activity and watching of football. I have a postlude in progress as well, but that's more or less out at this point since I do actually need to -ahem- learn these things at some point.
Interestingly enough, I still don't have all the details for Saturday's service yet. I know which liturgy they're using, and I have one of three hymns, but that's it. Incidentally, the record for late-notice service preparation is (officially) one hour before, for the so-called Minuteman Deployment where our organist at school was called out of town. But for that, I more or less saw it coming by Wednesday night and got some preparation in. Some, not all. I sight read half the liturgy. So we're nowhere near that just yet. More stuff to figure out tomorrow, though.
During my internet journeys, I stumbled across this video which is, in my opinion, brilliant in its sheer audacity. And mockery of high school literary analysis classes, which were thoroughly annoying. And random insertion of Pat Sajak's head. And I'm roughly 75% sure one of the guys that made it went to my high school. Which is probably why the literary analysis mockery hits so close to home. Bravo, in any case.
I did, however, manage to grind out Saturday's prelude. Eventually. This was done mainly in short spurts separated by hours of aimless internet activity and watching of football. I have a postlude in progress as well, but that's more or less out at this point since I do actually need to -ahem- learn these things at some point.
Interestingly enough, I still don't have all the details for Saturday's service yet. I know which liturgy they're using, and I have one of three hymns, but that's it. Incidentally, the record for late-notice service preparation is (officially) one hour before, for the so-called Minuteman Deployment where our organist at school was called out of town. But for that, I more or less saw it coming by Wednesday night and got some preparation in. Some, not all. I sight read half the liturgy. So we're nowhere near that just yet. More stuff to figure out tomorrow, though.
During my internet journeys, I stumbled across this video which is, in my opinion, brilliant in its sheer audacity. And mockery of high school literary analysis classes, which were thoroughly annoying. And random insertion of Pat Sajak's head. And I'm roughly 75% sure one of the guys that made it went to my high school. Which is probably why the literary analysis mockery hits so close to home. Bravo, in any case.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home