Evin-kay Uckshold-hay, The Ate-gray

Engineer, composer, church organist, pianist, violinist (in that order), fighter of stupidity, witness to insanity. Until they come up with Google: Piglatin, I'm good.

Name:
Location: St. Louis, MO

Engineer, composer, church organist, pianist, violinist (in that order), fighter of stupidity, witness to insanity

Monday, January 02, 2006

Dierbergs, Fair Dierbergs: Giving the Mouse a Cookie

Today there was much stacking of fruit. This is done at one of the local supermarkets (or "fruit purgatory," or "that one place where the stuff happens" depending on what sort of mood I'm in) where I've worked in some form or another since high school. They drug me in at 7:30 in the morning for an 8 hour shift. I'm really not a morning person. But whatever. Anyway, generally for the morning shifts, the managers will be around for most of it and my overall decision-making requirements are minimal. However, today for some reason, they all left at 11, leaving me the only one in the department for the next 2 1/2 hours. THAT was fun. Thus, I bore the brunt of the wrath of the Crabby Old People that frequent the store. Apparently, we have a disproportionately large number of Crabby Old People. For future reference, never, ever, ever, EVER ask for anything out of the back if the stuff on the display is in reasonably good shape. Face it, you're not too good for the display fruit, and all that does is waste My Precious Time. The Crabby Old People do this frequently, and of course, we cave in because we waste less time getting the stuff than we would arguing with them. Fortunately, it was a slow day, and there was only minimal testing of my patience. Reinforcements arrived at 1:30, and that was that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home